• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Aircraft down over Ukraine

I am sure everyone will join me in offering condolences to all the friends and relatives of the people killed in this tragic event. Certainly outs my initial anger of an itinerary change into perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I Was just going to say the same as Linda . When the News came on and they mentioned the flight code "MH" prefix .. Such sad news my thoughts go out to their loved ones of both flights .

shocking!! truly shocking!!

imo what is most shocking to me, is the possibility that such hi tech complicated weapon systems (and the ability to use them effectively) can fall into the hands of a band of rebels, if it transpires that this is what happened to this aircraft then this will be an out and out tragedy of the deepest kind

Particularly tragic is that 80 of those who were killed, one might say murdered, were children. The politics of the thing is very important but not for this forum. I have to say that Thomson are right not to go to the Crimea for the safety of passengers and crew and if I were on a ship that did go there I am not sure I would want to go ashore anyway. I hope the people who did this are brought to justice but the latest BBC report says that armed rebels are firing weapons to keep investigators away. Meanwhile the bodies of those who were killed are unburied and relatives from around the globe are weeping for their lost loved ones. It hope that one day soon the region will be safe to visit oncemore. Partly for us but mostly for those who live there.

What a desperately sad situation. My heart goes out to the families of those who have been murdered. I can't begin to imagine the pain, anguish and feelings of helplessness they must be experiencing and will feel for the rest of their lives, particularly those who have lost an entire family.

It is an unspeakably vile act and I fear the perpetrators will never be brought to justice.

It's so heartbreaking seeing the relatives speaking on TV and the loss of so many children too. I've just not got the words to express how I feel but would like to echo all that has previously been written on here.

I've seen some bad things in some terrible places in my previous incarnation as a serviceman, but never, ever anything as bad as this. It puts into perspective us worrying whether we will get the right cabin or what's included in the AI. I fear, like others here, that the criminals who did this will never be punished. I just hope their actions haunt them for the rest of their miserable lives. Sorry, rant over!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As if the crash wasn't bad enough, did anyone see the news tonight where they had dumped all the bodies in black plastic bags on the floor of a freight train? One bag was slightly open and a hand was visible. It is disgraceful. Could they not at least have found some coffins to put the bodies in and afforded them some dignity?

One poor mother who had lost her son said she could not sleep at night because everytime she closed her eyes she saw him lying on the ground.

My only hope is that this does not lead to a war. I keep thinking that it was just one incident which sparked off World War 1. Surely we have progressed a bit in 100 years.

As if the crash wasn't bad enough, did anyone see the news tonight where they had dumped all the bodies in black plastic bags on the floor of a freight train? One bag was slightly open and a hand was visible. It is disgraceful. Could they not at least have found some coffins to put the bodies in and afforded them some dignity?

One poor mother who had lost her son said she could not sleep at night because everytime she closed her eyes she saw him lying on the ground.

My only hope is that this does not lead to a war. I keep thinking that it was just one incident which sparked off World War 1. Surely we have progressed a bit in 100 years.

These were my thoughts too. I just hope history has taught the people in power some lessons.

I am pretty hardened now to disasters being shown on TV but I was in tears when that lady was talking about her family. It's heart breaking.