• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Island Princess balcony: Covered, partially covered, exposed, extended, etcetc

HappyAmma

Where is there a definitive answer on whether the balconies are covered or not? I got several different answers from Princess on the phone, and from the T/A, regarding the Island Princess Caribe/Baja balconies. Answers varied widely. I want a totally covered balcony room but can't seem to find an answer. We don't want that corner area, have had something like it on another ship, and it was not covered and not private at all.

I searched the CC website and saw some great pics that someone took of the Coral, and some different opinions. Supposedly the Coral is exactly the same but I'm skeptical. The link suggested did not work. Any new ideas?

We booked Caribe 502 but could change to Baja 502, or something else! Thanks.

There's no "supposedly" about it -- the Coral and the Island are identical. C502 is completely covered, on either ship.

That site is down (I seem to recall it being down in the past for a day or two, so hopefully it'll return soon). However, the photos are still accessible via search engine and there's a photo of the midship bumpout showing Cabins C504/C506, in which photo you can easily see the balcony of C502 right next door. To find the photo, go to Google Images, type in "island princess bumpout," and it should be the third or fourth photo. Click on it to see a larger version.

Hope this helps.