• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

internet access on on Ta from venice

juniper berries

Hi I was wonder what Internet access is like on a TA leaving Venice to Fort Lauderdale. Never done a TA before and am trying to plan if there is n tv what to watch. We have 6 sea days in a row.:) Thanks for an information.

I had good internet access from Venice to Ft Lauderdale last October on the Royal Princess sailing via Madeira. Some had poor access in their cabins which techs appeared to be working on. Apparently the ship got a good signal however how it was delivered onboard varied.

The answer seems to depend on the cruise line. But you will have onboard internet service throughout the crossing, although it will certainly be the typical slow cruise ship internet. TV varies although you will generally have some news stations such as CNN International, BBC, and (on some cruise lines) Foxnews. There will also be some sports coverage although it could well be European sports. Most cruise ships also provide some of their own programming which often consists of some old movies an perhaps some old TV shows. Must admit that having done lots of crossing, DW and I seldom spend time in our cabin watching TV. I should add that some cruise lines have DVD players in the cabins and have provide some movies (either free or rentals). This is another puzzle to us since, if we wanted to watch TV or DVDs we would have never left home in the first place.

Hank

On some TAs we have had no live programming on the TV for several days as the ship was out of the range of appropriate satellites. This mainly meant no news, sports or financial channels such as BBC, MSNBC, CNN International.

TV on Regal is interactive. You can choose from dozens of movies, popular tv shows, etc. And you can pause them and pick up where you left off. Not many choices of live shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums