Gluten AND Dairy Allergy

tikilover

We're going to be sailing on the Fantasy at the end of August. My MIL has a gluten AND dairy allergy (she can eat eggs). She's very concerned that there will not be any good desserts that she can eat (that they'll just offer her fruit with each meal.) I know that Disney is really good about accommodating allergies, but how about accommodating both of these allergies in one person? My guess is that they have some gluten free stuff, but it might not be dairy free also.

She did call DCL to have her allergy noted on the reservation and I know that she'll talk with a chef when we get there, but I was hoping to calm her concerns about desserts.

Thank you!

We're going to be sailing on the Fantasy at the end of August. My MIL has a gluten AND dairy allergy (she can eat eggs). She's very concerned that there will not be any good desserts that she can eat (that they'll just offer her fruit with each meal.) I know that Disney is really good about accommodating allergies, but how about accommodating both of these allergies in one person? My guess is that they have some gluten free stuff, but it might not be dairy free also.

She did call DCL to have her allergy noted on the reservation and I know that she'll talk with a chef when we get there, but I was hoping to calm her concerns about desserts.

Thank you!

They are very good at it do speak to them again just before the cruise to endure that note is on they can drop off and Aldo speak yo your head server on embarkation to endure, often if it's not on the menu they will take an over in the evening and make it up special the next day for your next meal they are very very good at it, also at buffets a head server will always be around maybe not yours but there will be one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If she can make a dessert at home that is "safe," they can make it on the ship. In fact. they'll likely be a lot more creative on the ship than she is at home.

On the first night, your head server and/or one of the chefs will talk with her about likes and dislikes as well as what she is allowed. Then, each evening she will be allowed to see the menu for the next night to choose something which can then be modified to suit her needs. Most desserts that contain dairy can be prepared with soy or almond milk, for example.

They do have tofutti ice cream and sorbet that are dairy and gluten free. But I will say, that's probably going to be it. I was just gluten free, and I had ice cream or sorbet just about every night as an dessert option (and not much else). One night they did have creme brulee, but that's going to be dairy. But as far as main dishes, they are incredibly accommodating. So don't worry about that.