• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Cancel and rebook?

M&Dcruisers

I booked a Europian cruise for 2015 quite a while ago. Now they are offering the 123GO for the cruise? Even though it is for new bookings only, can I cancel and rebook to take advantage of the new offer?

I was able to get my TA to cancel my previous booking and go with the current offer. Since the balcony price has dropped, I was able to upgrade without paying much in difference.

Do any of you who cancel for a better deal lose travel insurance you bought early to waive pre existing medical conditions? That insurance has to be bought a lot of times within 21 days of booking and is not refundable.

Shaco

You shouldn't have to cancel bi was just able to add it to my booking but because it is for new bookings only you have to take the current rate for your room so you can find out if the rate has gone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you who cancel for a better deal lose travel insurance you bought early to waive pre existing medical conditions? That insurance has to be bought a lot of times within 21 days of booking and is not refundable.

Shaco

We bought our cruise insurance through Insure My Trip and this was their response:

"If the dates of the trip, destination, cost, etc have not changed - and you are still going on the trip - regardless of what back way procedure the cruise line needs to do within their system to change your room, you still have a trip and would not need to cancel your policy. If you decide to change the dates, trip cost, or other features that are part of your policy - then you would let us know and we would update your policy."

But I'd double check if in doubt. I called when we upgraded and paid a bit more to do so.

I booked a Europian cruise for 2015 quite a while ago. Now they are offering the 123GO for the cruise? Even though it is for new bookings only, can I cancel and rebook to take advantage of the new offer?

I have seen not any new book only offers recently. You should be able to just have your reservation repriced to current pricing and add the 123 go promotion. remember 123 go only plays with regular pricing, so if you booked under a resident or other special you will lose that.