• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Jade docks 9.00 am, external trip starts 9.00 am

cricket19

Hi, I have just booked a tour for Olympia. When giving the booking details, I did state we were docking at 9.00 am but have just received my confirmation and it shows we depart Katakolon at 09:00.

I realise that everyone else going on the trip who is also on Jade will have the same problem but obviously there is no way we can be at the meeting point for 9.00 am. Will this be a problem?

Thanks.

I wouldn't say that it would be a problem, it just means that you need to leave the ship as soon as you can. Tour operators are experienced with arriving ships and they do know that getting out will take some time, but at the same time they want get the group assembled as soon as possible (there are always people that are very late anyways).

Is it a ncl excursion? Don't forgot ncl tours meet 15-30mins before the time stated. So you'll be in the theatre or a lounge with tour bus numbered sticker. As soon as the ships cleared you'll be sent down. Very rarely is it after the time, often clearance is 10mins or so before advertised time.

Thanks - I did state the ship and time of docking when I booked but I will email them to remind them. I've just checked and Jade is the only ship in port that day so presumably all the other people booked on the coach trip are going to be from Jade as well. Perhaps they do it to encourage 'latecomers' not to be too late.