Silhouette Aft Cabiin Question

We are debating about booking an aft cabiin on the Silhouette. We are specifically looking at cabin 1676 which is a C1 cabin. Does anyone know if the balcony is covered or can the people above us see us?

We are debating about booking an aft cabiin on the Silhouette. We are specifically looking at cabin 1676 which is a C1 cabin. Does anyone know if the balcony is covered or can the people above us see us?

No, it is not. And there is a terrible soot problem with the aft cabins on this deck, so you will be unable to utilize your balcony for most of your cruise. I was in 1674 on my cruise and it was horrible in that regard. I loved the location of the cabin, but hated not being able to use the balcony.

If you really want an aft cabin, I suggest going down 2 more decks. Decks 11 and 10 had soot problems, but not deck 9 and lower. OR move up to deck 12, they're covered up there and had no soot problems.