• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

2015 - Adriatic Affair or Croatian Classics

We did a cruise with Thomson (Spirit) in 2013, had a great time and are now looking to book another cruise for early October 2015.

The 2 cruises we are looking at (Adriatic Affair and Croatian Classics) have very similar itineraries that we like (both embark at Dubrovnik and include Venice), same boat (Celebration), and similar price.

The main difference would be Adriatic Affair includes Koper and Bari

and Croatian Classics has Split and Trieste.

We have not been to any of these areas and it may be our only trip to the region (we are coming from Canada - so a bit more an effort/expenses to get there). Any advice from folks who have done these or similar itineraries on why one might be better than the other or should we just flip a coin :confused:

We did a cruise with Thomson (Spirit) in 2013, had a great time and are now looking to book another cruise for early October 2015.

The 2 cruises we are looking at (Adriatic Affair and Croatian Classics) have very similar itineraries that we like (both embark at Dubrovnik and include Venice), same boat (Celebration), and similar price.

The main difference would be Adriatic Affair includes Koper and Bari

and Croatian Classics has Split and Trieste.

We have not been to any of these areas and it may be our only trip to the region (we are coming from Canada - so a bit more an effort/expenses to get there). Any advice from folks who have done these or similar itineraries on why one might be better than the other or should we just flip a coin :confused:

I'm having this dilemma myself at the moment. From Trieste you can get to the majority of places you would from Koper, but I don't think you can do Ljubljana and Lake Bled from Trieste, only from Koper.

Split is a really nice town and easy to do yourself. Don't know much about Bari or that part of Italy I'm afraid.

Difficult to decide really between the two as both are very good itineraries. If this is the first, and possibly only trip, perhaps Adratic Affair as it's a bit more variety with Slovenia and Southern Italy.

Edited by Sailaway487

I'm having this dilemma myself at the moment. From Trieste you can get to the majority of places you would from Koper, but I don't think you can do Ljubljana and Lake Bled from Trieste, only from Koper.

Split is a really nice town and easy to do yourself. Don't know much about Bari or that part of Italy I'm afraid.

Difficult to decide really between the two as both are very good itineraries. If this is the first, and possibly only trip, perhaps Adratic Affair as it's a bit more variety with Slovenia and Southern Italy.

Thanks Sailaway,

At least we are getting some confidence that we can't really go wrong with either of them, and maybe flight options/prices for the different departure dates may be our deciding factor ;)