• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Princess Cay Cabana questions, please help

star65

Hello,

We are taking our first Princess cruise in November. We traditionally cruise on Carnival and LOVE the cabanas at Half Moon Cay and Roatan. Are the princess cabanas on the beach? What is the difference in the two options, one says sanctuary? are they close to food/bathrooms etc..

Carnivals cabanas are right on the beach and we really like the convenience. Would love to hear from people who have used princess cay cabanas.

Thank you.

Here are a couple photos to give you an idea...a sidewalk between the cabanas & actually beach...we have always gotten the regular cabanas and thoroughly enjoyed having them...

Personally I wouldn't do the sanctuary ones as we are fine with getting our own food but everyone is different ;) not sure what other (if any) perks there are in getting the sanctuary except for the fact that you wouldn't have as many people walking in front of your cabana as it is a "private" area @ the far end, maybe someone else can help you with that one, with both you can get golf cart rides to & from your cabana and the "dock" area if you don't want to walk, though you may have to wait a few mins. or so...restrooms & buffet are fairly close to the reg. cabanas...ENJOY :D

4110741681_9019311b50.jpg

cabanas would be behind this....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkRrB6jc3NsDsFbEcBJ_umFGTPjk_dxCdpsCaQXkFr3IGSJ2Pflg

Edited by TLC535

I agree; the sanctuary cabañas are quiet and you can get food and beverage service--but you are at the far end, away from the restrooms, shops, and rentals. If you want real peace and quiet, that's the place; but I prefer to be a little closer to the action.

My daughter and i got the regular cabanas last january. While we were happy we tried them, I dont think we would do it again. The service was excellent and the air conditioning was welcome, but we felt it was too far away from an area that was easy to get into the water. It was a very nice quiet area, but without having the water easily assessable it was HOT!! It didnt look like the general area was that crowded so next time we'll try that area. Enjoy your cruise!!

I have two questions based upon posts

1. how far is the water? It sounds like its far? How far 25 yards, 50 yards?

2. I thought you got food service at both levels of Cabanas? You mean I have to get my own food from the buffet??

I have two questions based upon posts

1. how far is the water? It sounds like its far? How far 25 yards, 50 yards?

2. I thought you got food service at both levels of Cabanas? You mean I have to get my own food from the buffet??

At the regular cabanas you have to go get your own food.

The ocean is right in front of the cabanas but it is too rocky to go in there--in fact it is all roped off. It's probably 100 yards to the closest place where you can go in and several hundred yards to the rentals.

thanks for the information. Now, I am conflicted I really want to be close to a spot where we can go in the water. Also, the cabanas on carnival come with food (fresh fruit, chips, dip, guacamole) and drinks for the same price. I don't know anything about Princess Cay's beach and water. Half moon cay is my favorite place on earth, powder white sand and clear blue water. While, RC's private island Labadee was sea grass filled water and I hated it. What is the water and beach like on Princess cays? I guess it would help me to make a decision about the cabana being further from the water.

Can you go in the water by the sanctuary cabanas and are they close to the water?

Thanks for the help!

Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay very similar.

Half Moon Cay seemed larger and more spread out(especially the cabanas). Better deal on the Cabanas there.For us, we skip Cabana. Once we did the Clam Shell on Princess and really didn't need it. If you get off the ship early, you will be able to find shade . There are covered areas with lounge chairs.Most people don't care about being in the sun, and take lounges close to the water.

The beach isn't very deep so doesn't matter where you sit.

Can you go in the water by the sanctuary cabanas and are they close to the water?

The sanctuary cabanas are even farther away from water access; the ocean is right there but not safe to go in.