Marriott Beach Place Towers or Embassy Suites Pre-cruise?

I know there are many threads out here regarding hotels in FLL, but don't want to get lost in one of those.

We are doing one night pre-cruise (Sunday night) in August. Have narrowed it down to either Marriott Beach Place Towers or Embassy Suites. I know they are very different and both have things we would be interested in. There are 3 of us (DH, myself and DD 19) so need more than the usual 2 doubles which both of these hotels provide.

We will probably at the hotel by 1 PM so will have time to explore the area, have a cocktail (or two) and a nice (not to fancy) dinner.

Embassy Suites is a bit more, but you get the free cocktail hour and free breakfast included. Would prefer to have my cocktails near the water, but free is always nice.

Any strong preferences or thoughts either way?

The beach is a more fun area. The area around ES is run of the mill commercial suburban.

Thanks, we have stayed at Embassy Suites before and it was ok, but some place that I would jump to stay at again. I think I am leaning towards the Marriott but wanted to get some others advice.

Anyone else with thoughts on this?

I agree with royalcruz . . .Embassy Suites gets a lot of favorable recommendations and it certainly is well deserved when you factor in the Happy Hour / Breakfast, however if the money can be stretched I'd almost always choose the beach. Keep in mind, prices being the same for the nightly rate, you'll probably spend atleast $100 more choosing the Marriot because of drinks, breakfast and additional taxi fare.

The Marriot is attached to Beach Place which is loaded with little shops and bar type venues (clubs at night). Really great location on the beach . . . usually very expensive, however this time of year a reasonable price (<$150) can be had by booking directly.

At the same time, you'll be on the beach throughout your cruise, which is why many people prefer value for their pre night stays and the Embassy provides that along with a pretty nice pool area . . . despite not being on the beach.

Edited by kdawg954

By far the Marriott Beach Place!

I think Hooters has the best views but that is subjective. Lulus has better priced food and it is pretty good. Big Kahuna is just weird.

Your 19 year old will be thrilled you are staying at Beach Place! Tons of things for the entire family to do!

I agree with royalcruz . . .Embassy Suites gets a lot of favorable recommendations and it certainly is well deserved when you factor in the Happy Hour / Breakfast, however if the money can be stretched I'd almost always choose the beach. Keep in mind, prices being the same for the nightly rate, you'll probably spend atleast $100 more choosing the Marriot because of drinks, breakfast and additional taxi fare.

The Marriot is attached to Beach Place which is loaded with little shops and bar type venues (clubs at night). Really great location on the beach . . . usually very expensive, however this time of year a reasonable price (<$150) can be had by booking directly.

At the same time, you'll be on the beach throughout your cruise, which is why many people prefer value for their pre night stays and the Embassy provides that along with a pretty nice pool area . . . despite not being on the beach.

Being a Marriott member I am able to get the Beach Place for about $60 less than Embassy Suites, but knew the difference would get "eaten up" with the other expenses, so making sure it was worth it.

By far the Marriott Beach Place!

I think Hooters has the best views but that is subjective. Lulus has better priced food and it is pretty good. Big Kahuna is just weird.

Your 19 year old will be thrilled you are staying at Beach Place! Tons of things for the entire family to do!

Yeah, almost afraid my son will like it too much :D. But then again its vacation, as long as he stays out of trouble and we are able to get on the ship the next day without issue, all is good.

Thanks to both of you. Think my decision has been made!