• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Beverages

EliseL

Hi. This is my first time on Celebrity and I had a question on drinks. I am perfectly happy with tap water so I don't really want to spend the money on a beverage package.

On other cruises I have been on besides water there was coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and either ice tea or lemonade available and juice in the morning. These were included at no charge.

Is it similar on Celebrity?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. This is my first time on Celebrity and I had a question on drinks. I am perfectly happy with tap water so I don't really want to spend the money on a beverage package.

On other cruises I have been on besides water there was coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and either ice tea or lemonade available and juice in the morning. These were included at no charge.

Is it similar on Celebrity?

Thanks

Yes, that is the case on Celebrity. Have a great cruise!

Gail

You also can bring on board without any limitation canned or bottled soft drinks, and bottled water. You can do this at embarkation at the beginning of the cruise, and if desired replenish your supply at ports.

At embarkation only, you can bring on two standard size bottles of wine. If you drink them in your room (just ask the room steward for a bottle opener and wine glasses) there is no charge. If you bring them to any of the dining facilities you will be charged a corkage fee which while it is not cheap may still total less than you would pay for the wine on the ship.

I know what you mean...we were shocked on a Princess cruise to find there was only the pre-mixed coffee and tea. There may have been lemonade on occasion.

On Celebrity, you will find tea bags in most dining areas, and fresh coffee. There is milk, lemonade, iced tea (premixed) and juice, usually Guava or a passion-type juice. Much better options on =X=!

You may also find that some coffee machines have better tasting coffee. On some S class ships there is a coffee in the Hideaway area and the coffee always seemed to be better there.

Have always drank the tap water with no problems, and survived many cruises drinking the other beverages included in cruise fare. In the morning we would order room service for coffee, juice and roll etc. Coffeee was served on a pot. Enjoyed the coffee sitting on the balcony before leaving for breakfast.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

On cruises that leave from the UK there is a kettle in the room, is there also small pots of milk too along with tea and coffee?

Also, what teas are offered? I do like my Earl Grey and if needs be I'll bring some with me.

I would take your Earl Grey with you. While you may be able to hunt som down in the buffet area, it may not be your favourite brew. We'd are taking some good instant such as Azeera for our trip next month. Will also get a carton of milk from the breakfast buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cinnamon

Here is a repeat of a prior post of mine listing the no-extra-charge beverages:

Just to recap, no extra charge beverages:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

Also keep in mind that you do not have to buy a beverage package to have any of the premium beverages. They all are available for purchase ala carte with your seapass card. Purchasing a beverage package is only a good deal for those who drink above average quantities of the beverages included or those that feel the extra cost is worth it for an all inclusive beverage experience.

Edited by Lsimon

For UK sailings with the kettle it is worth getting a carton of milk from the buffet in the morning (you don't have to eat there) and keeping it in your fridge. Room service still available and free if preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums