Cunard days count toward Carnival VIFP Club???

Ryeseedboy

No. There's no cross-honoring among the loyalty programs within Carnival's different brands.

Mmm! I am a P&O cruiser and booked an Emerald Princess cruise for next year. According to my paperwork Princess have included all my P&O Peninsular points for my Captains Circle status. I know it does not work the other way round.

ps - although it is my first Princess cruise my status is already platinum and will be elite by the time I go on the cruise :):):)

It's Carnival, not RCI, the best you might get is a past guest discount!!

With RCI I got "Diamond" status on Royal Caribbean due to my status with Celebrity.

I'm only asking because Carnival now owns Cunard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind that prior to Carnivore buying them, Princess was a line owned by P&O. Actually, P&O created Princess as a new line, such as Chandris Line created Celebrity.

Actually, P&O bought Princess Cruises. It was created in the mid-1960s (sorry, I haven't time right now to check all the precise details) by an American, Stanley McDonald. He got the name "Princess" from his first ship, the 6000 GRT Princess Patricia, which was chartered from the Canadian Pacific Railway. It was on this lovely little ship that we took our first cruise: to Alaska in 1972 - a CPR operation. Normally it was laid up in the winter, so the CPR was delighted to be able to charter it, even though it was only for a short time in the off-peak season.

In the 1970s P&O bought Princess but continued to operate it as a separate company. On our cruises aboard the Canberra in the 1980s, P&O called itself "Canberra Cruises" because that was the only P&O ship.

Actually, P&O bought Princess Cruises. It was created in the mid-1960s (sorry, I haven't time right now to check all the precise details) by an American, Stanley McDonald. He got the name "Princess" from his first ship, the 6000 GRT Princess Patricia, which was chartered from the Canadian Pacific Railway. It was on this lovely little ship that we took our first cruise: to Alaska in 1972 - a CPR operation. Normally it was laid up in the winter, so the CPR was delighted to be able to charter it, even though it was only for a short time in the off-peak season.

In the 1970s P&O bought Princess but continued to operate it as a separate company. On our cruises aboard the Canberra in the 1980s, P&O called itself "Canberra Cruises" because that was the only P&O ship.

From memory the takeover was 1974.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For a Holland America cruise next year my wife and I were shown as first-timers, not surprising since our previous HAL cruise was 40 years ago. HAL mentioned that passengers who had cruised with certain other lines, including Cunard, would be considered members of their Mariners Society. When I enquired about this, I was told that essentially that isn't true. But I found the copy of our long-ago ticket so we have been credited with that cruise.

I am surprised that Carnival and all the other owners don't allow this tbh. If you want to keep passengers loyal ie coming back and not flirting with other companies, the best way is to cross reward. Most cruisers do consider cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So beside BluRiBand...can anyone speak specifically to my inquiry. Not really interested in P&O, Princess, RCI, or any others suggested in this thread. JUST Carnival-Cunard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I answered your question - the answer is no.

When I took my Carnival cruise last October I had over 50 Cunard nights which is equivalent to VIFP Club Gold level. My Carnival VIFP status was Blue (first sailing).

For $50 per stateroom you can get Faster To The Fun with Carnival which gets you most of the benefits of Platinum.

I answered your question - the answer is no.

When I took my Carnival cruise last October I had over 50 Cunard nights which is equivalent to VIFP Club Gold level. My Carnival VIFP status was Blue (first sailing).

For $50 per stateroom you can get Faster To The Fun with Carnival which gets you most of the benefits of Platinum.

Wait, there are benefits to going on a Carnival Cruise ?? Faster to the FUN with Carnival ??

I took one Carnival Cruise, the ship was VILE, the number of kids below age 9 was touted by a special Captain's Announcement as being 900 !!

The main dining room Wait Staff had to stop serving halfway through Dinners to dance and strut around the tables like fools wearing hats and I don't even want to mention the self serve soft serve ice cream machine. I literally needed therapy post cruise just to calm my nerves down.

I guess I don't like Carnival ? Y a Think.

• 4 years later...

The most any of the Carnival lines will give you is recognition corresponding to one prior cruise, although not all benefits will be extended. With our Cunard status were treated more or less as one-star Mariners on HAL but we didn't get invited to the brunch schmoozefest for actual Mariners Club members. You should also be able to get whatever booking discount that's afforded to past cruisers if you've registered and have a loyalty number for that line. Otherwise each line runs their own loyalty program, and at the heart they're loyalty programs.

Edited by Underwatr