Formal Night Question

libbylou80

Do you have to make reservations for formal night or is it in the MDR at your regular assigned dining time? I think I made a mistake and made us reservations for the Steak House on formal night!! BTW, we are sailing on the Dream leaving 8/10/14.

Do you have to make reservations for formal night or is it in the MDR at your regular assigned dining time? I think I made a mistake and made us reservations for the Steak House on formal night!! BTW, we are sailing on the Dream leaving 8/10/14.

Nope, you don't need reservations. It is in the MDR and your regular dining time applies.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Formal Night is now called Elegant Night and is basically just people dressing better than they do on the other nights of their cruise. There will be a photographer every ten feet trying to get you to pose for pictures. You can dress elegantly and eat at any of the dining venues on the ship that night including the Steakhouse.

The main dining rooms normally serve a little better meal on Elegant Nights though. Prime Rib, Lobster, etc.

Edited by RWolver672

• 3 months later...
Your 2 formal nights are probably going to be Monday and Friday, but you can wait until you board the ship to find out for sure and change your reservation if you want to.

So, should I take it that 7 night cruises all have Monday and Friday as Elegant Night? I'm on the Dream Jan 4th, if that matters.

So, should I take it that 7 night cruises all have Monday and Friday as Elegant Night? I'm on the Dream Jan 4th, if that matters.

Not always. It depends on the itinerary. For example, right now on the Valor it is Tuesday and Friday because Tuesday is the only sea day on that itinerary.