• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity suites on equinox

Harrison09

Hi everyone

We're booking a cruise on equinox today but just had a question about suites? We've travelled on the summit and constellation and been in sky suites which we're midship. On the new class the sky are on the aft. The only sky which are available are at the bottom so are over looked by the rest of the boat which puts me off a bit. Is it worth paying the extra money to upgrade to a celebrity? We're travelling with our son who's 5 so of course the extra space would be beneficial. Also are there any extra perks of being in a celebrity?

Thanks in advance!

When is your cruise? If after April 1, 2015 you would have receive the benefits of the "higher" suites if you are in a CS.

We prefer the CS to an SS for many reasons, mostly because of the added space and privacy it provides. It also has a large balcony with table that will seat 4 if you want to dine. Some people don't like it because it does not have a dining table inside the suite. The private bedroom is wonderful and it also has two entrances to the bathroom which is nice. Of course, it all depends on how much extra the CS is but if affordable we would always opt for it rather than an SS. Frankly we would go with AQ before spending the $$ on a SS.

We tried a Celebrity suite last month on the Equinox and really liked it. Prior we had cruised in a Royal suite and we actually like the CS better. We don't need or use the bar or dining area.

There are four CS staterooms that are on the hump and have deep angled balconies. We had one of those. Photos of this stateroom is below in my link.

I think you will enjoy having the separate bedroom with three in the stateroom.

Edited by cruisingator2

As previous poster mentioned the CS gets you all suite benefits and it includes drinks in Michaels Club and Blu.

The one thing about CS is the Bedroom is seperate but does not have a balcony or window to outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

I had a thought. If you're traveling with a 5 year old, I wonder how much time in reality you'll be spending in a lounge for suites. I know when we have our 5 year old grandson here we certainly don't take him to places with an adult lounge -- so maybe on this trip that perk really wouldn't be that big a deal to you. I don't think if it were me that I'd make the decision based on getting to go to the special suites lounge. Not with a 5 year old in tow.

We actually prefer the sky suites on the aft as they are more of a big open room. The separate bedroom would be nice for going to sleep at different times, however - putting him to bed in the bedroom and then transferring him later on to the sleeper sofa. Kind of a hard decision. We didn't start cruising until our girls were in college and then we just got them their own room.

I've just had a look on YouTube and they've been pretty helpful! We've been on p and o when he was 4 in a corner suite and we had a curtain that separated his sofa side from our side, which you don't get in a sky suite. I like the though of him and us having our own space. The cost difference is about £1500 to upgrade. We're travelling with my in laws as well and we spend a bit of time in the cabins so nice to have our bedroom separate and somewhere for everyone to sit.

I've just had a look on YouTube and they've been pretty helpful! We've been on p and o when he was 4 in a corner suite and we had a curtain that separated his sofa side from our side, which you don't get in a sky suite. I like the though of him and us having our own space. The cost difference is about £1500 to upgrade. We're travelling with my in laws as well and we spend a bit of time in the cabins so nice to have our bedroom separate and somewhere for everyone to sit.

Oh and I know there would be a problem between my husband and the supporting pole in a sky suite! So probably best we're in a celebrity!

I think you'll love the CS and there is NO pole...so you're safe!! Ha ha!!!:D

Definitely a tough call. We have some issues as mentioned previously with the CS on S-Class (Equinox) but it would depend on price / value vs SS and RS.

The SS can feel more open, the CS with an angled/larger balcony could tip the scales.

You'll enjoy either.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Unfortunately all the suites with the angled balcony have been taken. To be fair any suite on a celebrity would be good! I just Wished we lived closer so we didn't have the cost of flights and the length of traveling!

Unfortunately all the suites with the angled balcony have been taken. To be fair any suite on a celebrity would be good! I just Wished we lived closer so we didn't have the cost of flights and the length of traveling!

NO worries, I was in one that was not on the angled balcony on a cabin crawl, I would take any CS over an SS. More room, more perks, more privacy. I gather the SS on the aft get lots of sun, but that 's not enough to offset the other things in my book....nice to know we all have choices...

All booked, both of us in celebrity suites. Neither me or my mother in law fancied being watched by dozens of people above us in the sky suite plus I think with the impending doom of the pole in the SS, it's much easier to pay the extra. Despite the fact that my husband still doesn't know the cost, I'll tell him when he's had a few glasses of wine later!

All booked, both of us in celebrity suites. Neither me or my mother in law fancied being watched by dozens of people above us in the sky suite plus I think with the impending doom of the pole in the SS, it's much easier to pay the extra. Despite the fact that my husband still doesn't know the cost, I'll tell him when he's had a few glasses of wine later!

Have a wonderful cruise, wish I could sneak inside your suitcase and cruise with you!!!:eek::D

Hi everyone

We're booking a cruise on equinox today but just had a question about suites? We've travelled on the summit and constellation and been in sky suites which we're midship. On the new class the sky are on the aft. The only sky which are available are at the bottom so are over looked by the rest of the boat which puts me off a bit. Is it worth paying the extra money to upgrade to a celebrity? We're travelling with our son who's 5 so of course the extra space would be beneficial. Also are there any extra perks of being in a celebrity?

Thanks in advance!

We just got off the Equinox staying in a CS with 3 kids in tow. If you have any specific questions, maybe I can help answer.

couple thoughts.. the Michael's club benefit is EXCELLENT. the hostess is there to help you with anything and everything. and the priority tender was a tremendous help. kids are allowed in the club.

at least when we were there, it was very quiet in the club.

regards to the room..one thing that bothered us, with having kids sleeping in the pullout sofa part of the room. There is a window that separates the bedroom from the main section of the cabin, not a solid wall. so what happens is any light that is on in the bedroom will also shine by main section of the cabin as well and of course vice versa. I would have preferred a solid wall between the two spaces (for our purposes at least).

overall, great ship and great cabin. you cant go wrong!