Bistro on 5, only opening at 4.00 pm?

cinnamon

Hope this isn't a change fleet wide (Closed until 4:00 PM on Port Days)... As we often like to get off the ship early in port do our own thing (excursion or exploring) and come back to the Ship for Lunch before heading off again. On those days, Bistro on 5 has been our lunch venue of choice.

I will be watching this thread closely in the months to come.

Cheers!

I too hope this is not fleet wide! On port days we loved hitting bistro on 5 for breakfast crepes ...it was lovely as we avoided crowds in ocean view. This change is not good...bummer

• 1 month later...
I'm getting on board the Reflection on Monday....I'm 'pee in my pants' excited...I'll try to gather some info and maybe some menus

I love the bistro too! Eat there each cruise once or twice. A great place to sit and visit. Sometimes it is packed! Yes it is often empty, but when it is good it is really good. I order a hard cider and have a nice visit over crepes.

I am co fused as it was opened for breakfast this past spring.

Enjoy the cruise and report back!

I love Bistro on 5. I love eating lunch there. I never eat dinner there. When the MDR is closed on port days, it is my only option to be served. I hate buffets. With only one arm that can carry plates, eating in the buffet is a challenge that I try to avoid. I loathe having to find a staff person to help me get food from rhe buffet. I hate having to ask for help when eating in the Bistro or MDR is more accessible option. Celebrity needs to have at least one restaurant with table service open at all meals. Room service menus are very limited.

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list of those who hope Bistro is open for lunch. It always was - as late as April of 2014. Perhaps Celebrity is trying new things with the schedule... but as we aren't big buffet fans, and stay on the ship on port days, we've often enjoyed Bistro for lunch.

If recent guests can share their experiences, it would be much appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list of those who hope Bistro is open for lunch. It always was - as late as April of 2014. Perhaps Celebrity is trying new things with the schedule... but as we aren't big buffet fans, and stay on the ship on port days, we've often enjoyed Bistro for lunch.

If recent guests can share their experiences, it would be much appreciated.

Andy, I will be on the Silhouette on October 4th. I'll post after a couple of days as to the hours the Bistro on Five is open.

We too love the Bistro, and go there 2-3 times per cruise. I almost never go to the buffet for lunch. The food there is pretty good, for a buffet, but I like to be served, and to eat in a quieter atmosphere. I like the décor in the Bistro as well, on almost all the ships. It's just a really pleasant place for lunch.

I would really miss the option of Bistro on 5 for lunch if the opening hours are cut back.

On Eclipse in May, it was open at 11.30 when we boarded. However I do recall it being closed on sea days (didnt check on port days) and was being used as an overflow for Cafe Al Bacio which was packed (probably due to many having the Classic Package). We are back on board this weekend so will check again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who can report about Bistro on Five on upcoming cruises.

Add my dh and me to the list of those who enjoy Bistro on Five for lunch. Sometimes an X shore excursion leaves around 12:30pm on a sea day making it difficult to get lunch onboard beforehand. Bistro on Five is a good option for brunch in those cases, and we always like to eat there a couple times for lunch per cruise anyway even without an afternoon excursion. Our next cruise is on Eclipse in late November (and other ships in 2015), so I can report back then but hope to hear from others before then.

Andy, I will be on the Silhouette on October 4th. I'll post after a couple of days as to the hours the Bistro on Five is open.

Eileen, have a wonderful cruise. You know where to find me to tell me all about it when you return. We had wine (and cidre) and cheese on our recent trip for you, as you requested. We had enough for your share as well as our share.

I order a hard cider and have a nice visit over crepes.

The cider is a UK or French cider? French Normandy cidre goes well with crepes, so we would be sure to have it at Bistro on Five if that is the case.

Kathy

The last few cruises I've been on, the only cider usually available was Strongbow.

Count me in the Bistro on 5 embarkation fan club.

We wanted to go there for lunch on Equinox in June, and learned that they were waiting to open it until 4 pm daily for the port intensive Med cruises. One of the staff mentioned that while it does a slow and steady business in the islands, even on port days, there was no point having it open before dinner on port days in the Med. Plus, with the new GastroBar, the Bistro had even less business.

We never did get there. Looking forward to it in February !

We like Bistro not just on embarkation day...it is great for lunch and brunch any day! But unless it is busy enough on all days, they won't keep it open every day, and will morph in into another costly specialty dinner venue,,,or another bar!

As noted above, not all S class ships have the porch so that would leave AQ spa cafe as the only alt to the buffet..,unless we eat in our room,....

We will be on Reflection next month and will report back.

Edited by hcat

Maybe we need to show up more than once or twice. At least those who know it seem to like it. On our last cruise we went once. On our second try they were not encouraging customers to come Inside. They didn't have many customers but they didn't want them either. I think for our cruise it was not a priority for staffing.