Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
enyliram

smoked salmon

I read that the divina does not have smoked salmon (lox ) at the breakfast buffet. has anyone had lox at the buffet? I am assuming there are bagels, yes?

I read that the divina does not have smoked salmon (lox ) at the breakfast buffet. has anyone had lox at the buffet? I am assuming there are bagels, yes?

Bagels yes,salmon no:(....but many other breakfast items....

Smoked salmon is served in the MDRs at breakfast. Alternatively, you could order it from the room service menu (they charge €3 for a sandwich stuffed with it in the Med) and get your bagels in the buffet.

that's good to hear. I just thought it wasn't available at all. thinking of booking divina and it was one of my food questions.

that's good to hear. I just thought it wasn't available at all. thinking of booking divina and it was one of my food questions.

I'm quite partial to smoked salmon - we in Ireland are very proud of our smoked salmon and have some famous smoke-houses here! Having said that, what they serve on board ( in the Med, anyway) is sublime.

It certainly has been available on every cruise I've been on with MSC but only in the MDR. It is served with pieces of raw oinion and capers on most cruises. I also am partial to a smoked salmon omelette. Like it in scrambled eggs too but that is bit and miss getting the waiter to understand.....sometimes it is a plate with the salmon sitting alongside the egg, sometimes a completely separate plate served before the eggs and occasionally, it is mixed through the egg!