• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Scubagirrl I need good advice for day passes

cruzincindy1977

Hi scubagirrl I have read reviews and comments from you about the Melia day pass in Nassau. I believe that will be a good place for my 6yo son and 13yo niece plus others. I just wanted to make sure that it is suitable for kids. He wants to go snorkeling. Also, we have honey mooners and they want to go to Breezes since it's adults. Would you please let me know what all is included in the all inclusive price for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='cruzincindy1977']Hi scubagirrl I have read reviews and comments from you about the Melia day pass in Nassau. I believe that will be a good place for my 6yo son and 13yo niece plus others. I just wanted to make sure that it is suitable for kids. He wants to go snorkeling. Also, we have honey mooners and they want to go to Breezes since it's adults. Would you please let me know what all is included in the all inclusive price for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote]

Melia is a great place for family and groups. Lots to do. If the kids want to snorkel, I suggest you bring masks that fit, as the hotel does not have kid sizes.

As for breezes, its food and snacks, (basically lunch and patio bar) as well as drinks, beer, soda etc, but whatever sports are on the agenda that day.
(From what I remember it's local beer only, and some name brands, but not high end booze.) Drinks are in small plastic cups, so you might want to bring a decent size plastic cup and fill it with 2 or more drinks at a time.
No beach service, you have to get up and get drinks yourself.

They have sail boards and hobie cats that you have to sign up for when you get there, depends on how crowded it is. Same with trapeze, not every day, only certain times.
Motorized sports like jet ski, skiing and snorkeling tours are extra.

It's fine for those who want to drink, and don't want young kids around. (Kids over 14 are allowed).

We went to Breezes earlier this month. There are some pictures in my Majesty of the Seas review (see my signature for the link, scroll down to post #8). There was a pool-side grill with burgers and stuff like that or you could eat lunch at the buffet. The buffet had a pretty big selection. Drinks were included and were strong. My husband actually had to ask for more Coke for his rum and Coke. :) Towels were also included. There is also a spa, which costs extra. I almost signed up for a spa treatment but decided not to since we were there such a short time. The prices were about half what they charge on the ship. The pool was a little cloudy but the beach was great.

Your friends may also want to consider a day pass at Sandals. It's more expensive than Breezes ($115 instead of $65) but it's a nice place for honeymooners. Couples only, all-inclusive. Edited by CruisinCrow

[quote name='cruzincindy1977']Thank u so much guys! Oh are we allowed to bring snacks and drinks? Prob not huh?
Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Any snacks you take off the ship have to be packaged and sealed by the manufacturer. ;)
LuLu [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cruzincindy1977']Thank u so much guys! Oh are we allowed to bring snacks and drinks? Prob not huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOTE]

Nope, not supposed to. There's a sign that says no outside food.

The whole idea of a day pass is to make some money.

It's not just an issue with the hotels making money. No food is supposed to be taken off the ship because of agricultural laws. Usually (but not always) the cruise lines will put something in their daily newsletters telling people not to take food off the ship.

I understand. We have never taken food off the ships before. This is our third trip. I was just asking bc I saw where someone said that they did. It is better to support and if u don't have the money to spend why go 😁. Thanks for all the inputs and I can't wait to go there! Our first time on Nassau we didn't do much or had a lot of fun. We also didn't know about day passes then either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums