Freedom of the Seas drydock

I didn't think Freedom pre-booked shows at all except the ice show, so I think the ice show is the only thing to expect as an option for pre-booking.

That is correct, it's been that way for a couple of years now.

I just made final payment for our 3/8/15 cruise and it has us booked at 5:30 PM for Family Time Dining where the kids club will pick up my Granchildren when they finish dinner.

I also could only book the ice show, nothing else.

I'm hoping someone will be posting during the dry dock, so we can watch the progress first hand!

Cheryl

This may be old information, but I wanted to put this out there just incase. I was invited on a 2 night Freedom sailing Jan 30 and the invite did mention "Enjoy new specialty dining, including Giovanni's Table and much more!"

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the 2 night invite ? Pinnacle ?:) Thanks

On the list that someone shared, it said that they will be getting rid of the Cupcake Cupboard during dry dock. I just signed up for the cupcake decorating class for my April cruise. Is this class going to get canceled on me?

I heard it was being moved to a smaller location, but still there. Haven't tried to book it yet, but I have awhile, waiting till after drydock since we have more time.

With the rumored changed about adding staterooms in various places, wouldn't you think Royal would post deck plans? How are guests supposed to book these rooms say for Feb or March, if the deck plans don't show the availability? I would think that if staterooms are going to be added, they would show on the deck plans? Thoughts, anyone?

They could offer upgrades to existing passengers already booked and/or their customer Service reps will be have their own deck plans and fill them. I don't know how many people actually go online and pick their cabin rather than having a TA or CSR pick it.

I can't wait for someone to post from FOS after drydock. :)

Excited to see exactly what the changes will be to our favorite ship!

I will certainly do my best. Jan 30 with be my first time on the Freedom (or any Freedom class ship.) I won't be able to make great comparisons, but I can certainly talk about what I see and what I am told is new!

Geez, Royal certainly is being tight-lipped about what's going to happen during Freedom's drydock! I'm not sailing Freedom till 2016, but still anxious to see what changes it will get.

I agree. I think they may not like to disclose in advance in case the run into problems and it doesn't happen? Or maybe there really isn't that much planned for the dry dock this time around.

It makes me wonder why they are doing the special 2 night preview cruise then.

I agree. I think they may not like to disclose in advance in case the run into problems and it doesn't happen? Or maybe there really isn't that much planned for the dry dock this time around.

It makes me wonder why they are doing the special 2 night preview cruise then.

My guess is the 2 day is a place holder between the end of the planned work and the next Sunday so that Freedom can pick up her normal schedule rather than having her set for 2 days. But if the work does go a day or two long that cruise would be easier to cancel than a 7 day.

My guess is the 2 day is a place holder between the end of the planned work and the next Sunday so that Freedom can pick up her normal schedule rather than having her set for 2 days. But if the work does go a day or two long that cruise would be easier to cancel than a 7 day.

I thought about that, but they are really building the 2 nighter up as a special event and it is by invite only. I think that if they did cancel it those of us (me) who booked air from around the country would be quite disappointed.

I thought about that, but they are really building the 2 nighter up as a special event and it is by invite only. I think that if they did cancel it those of us (me) who booked air from around the country would be quite disappointed.

I hope it's a go - but as the previous poster stated, it's easier to cancel a 2 night cruise.....

From what I recall based on the in cabin video that was disusing the azipod issue.

Deck Three Crypt, cabins

Deck Four Crypt, Sabor

Deck Eleven, Portofino's to Giovanni's Table

Deck Twelve, if I recall correctly, 42 cabins that will be a mixture with balcony, floor to ceiling windows, and sure inside cabins. These would have the jogging track surrounding them.

Deck Fourteen, Izumi (will offer take-out [This is what the Captain claimed]), Olive or Twist, conversion to night club use.

Sure they were other items discussed, just don't recall them off hand.

Don't recall hearing anything in regards to the Concierge lounge or Diamond lounge.

Edited by chandom

I have also heard about the azipods issue. Hope the dry dock refurbishments are smooth sailing!! Very excited to see Hairspray in March!!!

Many rumors say Hairspray will not be coming. Guess we all have to wait a while longer to know!