Freedom of the Seas drydock

Thanks for the info. We have 1862 on March 29. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks, Lee

See royal caribbean, thread Navigator Panoramic Ocean View, post 28 for accurate pictures of the room. 1852 on Freedom looked just like it only we were directly above the lookout and the heli pad.

Depending on where I was sitting in the Viking Crown Lounge on various ships (not just Freedom) I have noticed interesting variations in circular wave patterns occurring on the surface of the drinks. (Yes, this was before the first drink was finished:rolleyes:). I guessed that these were Lissajous curves set up by harmonics relating to ship propulsion. Rather than determine the appropriate parametric equations, I just got another drink and enjoyed more patterns.:p

Thom

It's still dark out and I'm only on my first cup of coffee, which has no interesting patterns on the surface, but you helped wake up my brain a bit. After reading your post, I went to straight to Wikipedia to find out about Lissajou curves. You just never know what new things you'll learn every day. I couldn't solve complicated mathmatical equations to save my life, but it is fun to know something my husband doesn't. And, it will be a cool term to throw around when I'm on the ship. :D

It probably died off because there were no significant changes to either itinerary due to the inop pod. The repair was supposed to be an in service repair, so it may be done by now.

cheng, beachcampin is doing a live post showing a date of 2-15 (typo - should be 3-15). He has a great pic of the prop wash on the aft. Looks like all 3 props are possibly working. Maybe you can take a look if you catch this note.

thanks

I just got off Freedom on 3/15 and the pod was still not fixed! We had more vibration on her than i've felt in the past. We made it to Coco Cay, but we had such high winds (47-57 mph) going to St. Thomas that we didn't dock until 1:30 in the afternoon! We still left St. Thomas on time and were in St. Maarten on time.

Cheryl

Just off the Freedom Sunday - some updates:

Wife was at the Diamond+ breakfast on Friday 3/13 when the Captain stopped by. She asked him about the repairs to the Pod. According to the Captain, the repairs had been completed and they were going to test it later that day. I can't say for sure if it was running or not, but the vibrations that were very noticeable earlier in the week seemed much less on Saturday. We also were doing 20.3 knots (with a heck of a tail wind).

There is some new construction going on. The aft portion of the deck 14 card room has been closed and is a construction office for new exhaust stack scrubbers that are being installed. The area outside the card room that had ping pong tables has been walled off for the scrubber installation. The Ping Pong tables have been relocated to Deck 12 port side near Adventure Ocean.

One crew member said that when that they are done with the port side scrubbers, they will move to the starboard side and probably close the area outside the Diamond lounge.

Lou

Wife was at the Diamond+ breakfast on Friday 3/13 when the Captain stopped by. She asked him about the repairs to the Pod. According to the Captain, the repairs had been completed and they were going to test it later that day. I can't say for sure if it was running or not, but the vibrations that were very noticeable earlier in the week seemed much less on Saturday. We also were doing 20.3 knots (with a heck of a tail wind).

There is some new construction going on. The aft portion of the deck 14 card room has been closed and is a construction office for new exhaust stack scrubbers that are being installed. The area outside the card room that had ping pong tables has been walled off for the scrubber installation. The Ping Pong tables have been relocated to Deck 12 port side near Adventure Ocean.

One crew member said that when that they are done with the port side scrubbers, they will move to the starboard side and probably close the area outside the Diamond lounge.

Lou

Interesting. Maybe this is what stopped them from converting that space to Izumi during the recent dry dock.

Lou

Thanks for the update! :D

Lou

Thanks for the update. From your post, it appears as if the closing of the card room and part of the area near the DL is temporary. Do you know when they will be done with the scrubber installation?

Glad to hear that the vibrations were less -- hope this means that the fixipod has been repaired.

We sail on FR on 5-17-2015

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Freedom on 3/22 - I didn't notice a ton of vibration except when we were in the Viking Crown Lounge. I had read reviews about the vibration, but was honestly surprised at how significant it was. I thought perhaps people were exaggerating about the vibration...they weren't. Even with the vibration though, it didn't interfere with us all having a great time! We just avoided the VCL for the rest of the trip and found other places to enjoy ourselves :)

I just got off Freedom this morning and I felt vibrations in our area of the dining room (5th Floor, Galileo). Our table mates even had their silverware vibrate right off the table before they were seated. You could even see the lights in the chandelier vibrating. Two tables away from ours and those people had no vibrations at all.

I just got off Freedom this morning and I felt vibrations in our area of the dining room (5th Floor, Galileo). Our table mates even had their silverware vibrate right off the table before they were seated. You could even see the lights in the chandelier vibrating. Two tables away from ours and those people had no vibrations at all.

Well then, stop putting those quarters in the box and the vibrations will stop. :)

Well then, stop putting those quarters in the box and the vibrations will stop. :)

Now THAT was funny......I immediately had a flashback of Chevy Chase in "Vacation" where the bed in that cheap motel was hopping like it had hydraulics.

Off Freedom yesterday, Fantastic cruise and perfect weather, looking at the wake and prior comments I assume the fixipod was full output. We docked @ St.Thomas an hour early. Although, we could feel the significant vibration at various times so not 100% sure on that, I never asked while I was onboard

I hate to be difficult as I haven't read all 100 pages of the thread but can anybody detail what changed on Freedom? I'm familiar with all the Freedom class ships and we're sailing in April 2016. I'm a runner and am specifically interested in how the track changed.

Thanks!

I hate to be difficult as I haven't read all 100 pages of the thread but can anybody detail what changed on Freedom? I'm familiar with all the Freedom class ships and we're sailing in April 2016. I'm a runner and am specifically interested in how the track changed.

Thanks!

The track was shortened a little bit. It no longer goes all the way forward (in front of the spa) but now makes the turn just behind the Sky Bar, above the Solarium.

The deck 12 spa was turned into cabins so there is no longer space there for the track.

Thanks!

See post 1986 for track changes. Also disco is gone and Mexican restaurant added