Cruise Critic Community
NanciEA

Cabin Selection

We are looking at booking the Viking Homelands cruise for 2016 in the PV1 Penthouse Veranda category on either Deck 5 or 6. Does anyone know what the "wings" or "protrusions" are which are on the deck plan for the back of the ship on Deck 7 and 6? My concern is these will make the cabins located below them darker and limit visibility. It is hard to tell from the exterior drawing of the ship. I cannot wait to book until the ships sail and someone reports in.

On the Viking Oceans website there is a pretty nice deck plan of The Star. Of course until someone sails on her we will have not know which cabins are to be avoided. Look under FAQ section.

Those "wings" are the expansion of Deck 7 back around the World Cafe and give more space for the Aquavit Terrace and the unique Infinity Pool., it will be a popular area. Why they seem to show up on Deck 6 I cannot tell, but I don't believe they exist down there, from the photos I've seen of the launch...

Here's a stern photo taken at float out and slightly enlarged from source photo. The protrusions are probably modestly exaggerrated in the photo due to angle. If there was a dead center stern shot you'd have a better photo to judge.

The deck with the evenly spaced lights and white railing is the Deck 2 showing the outside of The Restaurant. So count up from there to find the deck level of interest.

1403723041002-STAR-VENICE-4717.jpg.6d2d2c25d331bc83427f72dc2ae5fd8b.jpg