Freedom of the Seas. Do you have questions? On board now with unlimited wifi pkg.

It has been one full year now.

Anyone want to guess how many cruises I have been on since June 2013? ;)

I don't know how many cruises, but it's about the same as the number of upgrades.:p

Hey Carol! Thanks so much for being our eyes and ears! We'll be aboard the Freedom sailing the Western leg in two weeks. Only ever been on the Allure (WAY TO BIG) and are very much looking forward to the Freedom. I'm sure I'll think of questions after you've returned - but we thank you for the thread anyway. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for your answers and have a great rest of the cruise. I wish so bad I was going to board this weekend (oh well.) Enjoy your last day :(

One last question was the CL busy (like can't get a seat busy)

Nope, not at all. Not this cruise.

Carol! I did think of one.

If you have the chance - can you look at the Coke Freestyle Machines. My family are big fans of Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm told that some machines have it and others don't.

Any chance we can get a look at the "new" chops menu? We're booked there on our first night of the cruise. (20% and all.) :-)

Thanks so much!! Hope you're still enjoying it.

Today is a port stop in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin. I do not know if the gym times are the same for port days and sea days (broken toe = no gym time this cruise)

But here is what today's Cruise Compass has:

8 A.M. to 10 P.M.

no yoga classes today. maybe tomorrow.

classes today, no charge:

vitality stretch 7 a.m.

circuit training 7:30 a.m.

fab abs, 5 p.m.

dancin' in the street 10:30 p.m. (just kidding! :D)

Do you really want some exercise? The $10 cr@p sale is tonight on the Royal Promenade! Competitive shopping!

Thanks for taking the time to check on this for me. Really appreciate it!:) Husband was hoping they would open a lot earlier! Oh and on the cr@p sale, no thanks. Ha. I hate shopping, and especially hate shopping for cr@p! :eek:

Basically, You're on a 4 lane highway with no other cars on the road, and you're doing 10 mph. :eek:

:D That's how they roll in Merion! :D

I saw a D/D+ Priority line at GS. Didn't use it. (I feel funny, and there was only one person in front of me anyway.) I guess if there were a really long line, I might use it.

Because you'd rather piss off 20 people than one? :eek: That is ALSO how they roll in Merion! :D

Another question from our Roll Call:

Will there be any particular events we should prepare for such as black and white, 50's, 60's, disco, etc?

70's/disco party one night

I didn't see any B&W or white night

no glow party

Let me check the Cruise Compasses and see if something zipped past my consciousness.

Hi Carol :) Thanks for the updates on the refurb - I'm sailing the week of Feb 15th and wondering if there are going to be reno's to the cabins/suites?

Not sure. I assume that they will do a survey of the existing cabins and make any needed repairs and reupholstering, but I don't think that they plan a general overhaul of all of the cabins.

Ok, starting on August 31, with my daughter for a week:

Oasis 8/31/13

Oasis 9/7/13

Freedom 9/15/13

Freedom 9/22/13

Oasis 12/7/13

Independence 12/29/13

Independence 1/4/14

Liberty 2/10/14

Liberty 2/15/14

Sapphire Princess :eek: 3/15/2014

Explorer 3/21/14

Explorer 3/29/14

Independence 4/26/14

Independence 5/4/14 My first transatlantic!

Grandeur 5/30/14

Grandeur 6/27/14

Freedom 7/27/14

So, this is the 17th since I retired in June 2013.

booking Freedom 9/7/14 right now

Crown Princess (anyone remember my Crown Princess "list cruise" in 2006? I am going back!) 10/11/14

Explorer 10/23/14

Explorer 11/1/14

Quantum 12/1/14

Quantum 2/2/15

Jewel 5/16/15

Serenade 10/19/15

Someone wants me to book Legend 12/15/14, but the prices have gone through the roof!

:D

Edited by Merion_Mom

Also, just any wee tips you have would be great.

I hope u are having a wonderful time and I am sure you are :-D

I have met some lovely Scots on this cruise.

Here is my "wee" tip. Feel free to wear your full kilt outfit for formal night. Very fashionable.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']What the heck. It was just the Captain. What does HE know? ;) :D[/QUOTE]

Well, the Captain is a pretty reliable source! Maybe it will be different on the Freedom Class. More cabins....less WJ.....Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Ok, starting on August 31, with my daughter for a week:

Oasis 8/31/13
Oasis 9/7/13
Freedom 9/15/13
Freedom 9/22/13
Oasis 12/7/13
Independence 12/29/13
Independence 1/4/14
Liberty 2/10/14
Liberty 2/15/14
Sapphire Princess :eek: 3/15/2014
Explorer 3/21/14
Explorer 3/29/14
Independence 4/26/14
Independence 5/4/14 My first transatlantic!
Grandeur 5/30/14
Grandeur 6/27/14
Freedom 7/27/14

[COLOR="Purple"][B]So, this is the 17th since I retired in June 2013.[/B][/COLOR]

booking Freedom 9/7/14 right now
Crown Princess (anyone remember my Crown Princess "list cruise" in 2006? I am going back!) 10/11/14
Explorer 10/23/14
Explorer 11/1/14
Quantum 12/1/14
Quantum 2/2/15
Jewel 5/16/15
Serenade 10/19/15

Someone wants me to book Legend 12/15/14, but the prices have gone through the roof!

:D[/QUOTE]

WOW! I knew you had done a bunch, that that's several bunches:) I'm jealous!
Carolyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All I can say also is WOW! I don't think I can compete for my first retirement year but I will enjoy trying. I already completed 27 days on Cunard starting July 1 (3 voyages) and have the 4 trips I already mentioned booked. DH is still working -- self employed -- and can't go on all trips. Am I correct that you now qualify for the 150 percent solo rate? I have to get there ASAP:). Katherine Edited by Lady Hudson

[quote name='Merion_Mom']While that is possible, the answer that I was given was "in the Windjammer". That's Deck 11. Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine are on Deck 14, as you know.

Did that happen on any other ship in Voyager or Freedom class, Bob?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clarea']Navigator got Izumi up in Viking Crown.[/QUOTE]

Since it came from the captain, could it be possible that it would replace Jade on one side of the WJ? I personally tend to go with Bob though, since it has been done on Navigator.