• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Halloween on formal night- Allure of the Seas

Bim1

I am very excited to be on the Allure of the Seas for Halloween this year but this will fall on night 6 of the cruise, the 2nd formal night. Does anyone now if they move the formal night on such occasions?

Thanks

Bump.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

You may not know until the week of the cruise. I was on Majesty on Halloween and they moved the formal night for that week, but we weren't sure till we boarded.

We were on Allure last year for Halloween. Formal nights did not need to change last year so no idea on that question. One thing though, the most crowded place on Allure was the costume parade on Halloween. All 5000+ passengers were there to watch or participate. That was the only time the ship felt crowded. Have a great time.

We were on a Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston one year when Halloween coincided with the scheduled formal night. The suggested dress code as shown in the Cruise Compass was "formal wear or costume" and the dining room was pretty much balanced between the two styles of dress. Halloween usually falls sometime during the annual repositioning cruises out of Boston and the ship is wonderfully decorated and a great costume parade and Halloween party are highlights of the trip. We will be doing it again this year and can't wait to see some of the very imaginative costumes that our fellow passengers will be wearing.:)

Edited by negc

I was on Royal princess for halloween that fell on formal night I bought a suit from charity shop atacked it with a box cutter / stanley knife blooded up an old shirt and painted my face job done!

photo.php?fbid=10152031679632780&set=a.10152030305502780.1073741826.522732779&type=3&theater

Stu K

I was on Royal princess for halloween that fell on formal night I bought a suit from charity shop atacked it with a box cutter / stanley knife blooded up an old shirt and painted my face job done!

photo.php?fbid=10152031679632780&set=a.10152030305502780.1073741826.522732779&type=3&theater

Stu K

Fixed the URL. Very nice!

1450881_10152031679632780_623837704_n.jpg

Edited by clarea

Just got off the Allure western itinerary yesterday. The second formal night was Friday, day 5.

Good to know but the OP's question was specific to whether or not RCI would move the second formal night to a different night if it coincided with Halloween falling on that night. Likely as many passengers would be wearing costumes on Halloween v. formal wear. :)

• 1 month later...