Theme Night - Harmony

janazaz

We sailed Crystal Symphony in April and fell in love with this cruise ine. We'll be sailing again Oct. 5th on the Harmony. One of the nights was 50's night and it was a lot of fun although not many people dressed up for the theme. We did come in 2nd in the Twist Contest...;)

Does Crystal always have a theme night and what kind of themes have you experienced? I've posted before the lack of dancers on the last cruise and hope to see more on the Oct. 5th cruise. Any comments would be appreciated.

Crystal, along with most other cruise lines, has done away with their theme nights, with the exception of the 50's night, and as you saw, not many participate in that theme either. They seem to have done the midieval night on the Harmony for this year's Alaska cruises, but I've not seen any passenger dressed up in costume for that night either. You're not going to see things like Caribbean night or Western nights on a Crystal cruise. Those seem to be the venue of the mass market lines.

I don't think they have dancing in the Galaxy Lounge before the shows anymore. When my husband and I first started cruising, we always danced before the shows, but we haven't in a few years. I think the Ambassador hosts are either in the Starlight or Palm Court.

I was referring only to the OP's comment re the Galaxy Lounge. Years ago, prior to the shows, you could dance on the stage to the music of the Galaxy Orchestra. They seem to have done away with that. We have, and still do, dance in the Palm Court and the Starlight Lounge and always see the Ambassador Hosts there.

Archived