Best time to book an April 2015 Caribbean cruise?

Hi,

I want to book 3 rooms for an April 2015 Caribbean cruise on Allure or Oasis of the Seas.

Does anyone know whether RCI has regular sales that might be anticipated? I just missed a "50% off the second person" sale which really stinks! Now I will probably try to hold out until the next sale although I don't know when that might be.

Any advice appreciated :)

Thanks,

Simon.

I agree, book now. There's no predicting sales. Once nice thing is that they have been letting people get the lower prices when a new sale comes out.

Edited by clarea

Unfortunately there is no way to know. Maybe 6 months ago, maybe 3 weeks before sailing, maybe any time in between. Trying to speculate on that is about as accurate as when to buy airline tickets. Though of course there are people who think they have that all figured out:D

All you can do is buy when there's a price you can live with, and of course after that watch for price drops you might qualify for.

I've found for the cruises I book, booking really early nets the best prices, then they rise, and sometimes they drop again...in my case, except for when we were in the middle of the recession in 2008, I've never had prices drop below the 15 mos-1 year booking prices EXCEPT, on some cruises they've dropped just before sailing. On those 2 or 3 times, I was able to upgrade cabins at no extra cost, but not get money back. NONE of the Allure or Oasis cruise a I've booked or monitored has ever offered prices below the 15 mos-12 mos early booking price I'd seen or got originally. The only case I've seen that happen was this BOGOH, where prices per person went up before the sale and they allowed folks already booked to take the sale deal; for some it was still a savings.

If you don't need to arrange vacation time or travel, you could wait till a few weeks before the sailing and see if there are any cheap cabins las minutet, but AL and OA are very popular and fill pretty quickly, so not too sure how that would work out for those ships!

Edited by Familygoboston

I would book Allure now during the new BOGOHO sale As noted above, Allure will fill up in all probabilty. The best prices are usually when the itineraries are first released for booking. For Allure April 2015 that would have been about March of 2013.

Edited by 39august

They just started that sale again.

Best time would have been 6 months or so ago so I would say now is probably as good as time as any since the BOGOHO is back again.

Totally agree with you. Prices now are WAY higher than they were when the first BOGOHO came out. I booked cruises through April 2016 b/c the prices were so good. Doubt anything that good will come along again.

Totally agree with you. Prices now are WAY higher than they were when the first BOGOHO came out. I booked cruises through April 2016 b/c the prices were so good. Doubt anything that good will come along again.

I totally agree with you both. Doubt we are going to see anything cheaper! I am booked through 2016 and I have cabins I wanted at great prices! Wish I could still snag a BOS or Jewel cruise at those rates, but not seeing it happening! [emoji11]

I have been watching my Sept cruise and it just keeps going up! Yet bunch of inventory left! When is the amazing sale?

Watch your prices if calling for a reservation. When I called last week (Friday) they were much higher priced than on the website. The buy one, get one half off showed on website but the rep didn't want to give me the internet price until I insisted and after she made a call. I booked Adventure and finally got 710.00 off my cruise. Book now as the prices are sure to go up.