Cruise Critic Community
JG-TX

Divina muster drill

With divina devarking so late, does anyone know when they do the muster drill?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With divina devarking so late, does anyone know when they do the muster drill?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Usually between 6:00 - 6:30 pm JG-TX.

does that interfere with dinner for the early diners?.....

Because I totally forgot while I was planning a sailaway party that we sailed so late...........I figured we could go get showered and changed for late dinner and hang out at the garden bar, but if muster is that late........we'd get sweaty with the life vests they apparently still make you wear on MSC.....oh dear......

When we sailed in March of this year, the drill was around 5pm. Those boarding after that were required to attend one the next day.

Wonder why our muster was so late back in May?? We were on a 3 day sailing??

Wonder why our muster was so late back in May?? We were on a 3 day sailing??

Trying to figure out why MSC does anything is time wasted these days. They seem to be good at changing up things quite often. LOL Still love the Divina.

Trying to figure out why MSC does anything is time wasted these days. They seem to be good at changing up things quite often. LOL Still love the Divina.

We'll be sailing her again in just under 3 weeks so we'll see if anything changes this time around. Like you,,,we still love the Divina as well!!!

We'll be sailing her again in just under 3 weeks so we'll see if anything changes this time around. Like you,,,we still love the Divina as well!!!

If you don't mind, will you get the names of the butlers working in the Top Sail? Still hoping for familiar faces there and staff in Le Muse. Will watch for your next review!!

If you don't mind, will you get the names of the butlers working in the Top Sail? Still hoping for familiar faces there and staff in Le Muse. Will watch for your next review!!

I sure will Cruisergal,,I'm hoping our butler Johnathan and the One Bar server Danny are still there,,,we had such a good time with them. I think Riclop was mentioning in another thread that some of the crew were let go before they sailed to Brazil,, so I'm hoping for the best!!

I'm going to do a "Live" review from the ship. I think that will be a good way to answer questions in almost real time.

Edited by Mikesa1721

........we'd get sweaty with the life vests they apparently still make you wear on MSC.....oh dear......

When I was on the Preziosa recently the muster cards left in our cabins said NOT to wear the life jacket. That didn't stop people from putting them on anyway - usually whilst stood in the middle of the stairway on the way to the muster drill

I sure will Cruisergal,,I'm hoping our butler Johnathan and the One Bar server Danny are still there,,,we had such a good time with them. I think Riclop was mentioning in another thread that some of the crew were let go before they sailed to Brazil,, so I'm hoping for the best!!

I'm going to do a "Live" review from the ship. I think that will be a good way to answer questions in almost real time.

That will be great Mike , looking foward to your live from.

That will be great Mike , looking foward to your live from.

I think so Riclop,,,We're staying in the Yacht Club Royal Suite(YC3), and are cousins and 3 and a half year old nephew are staying in 12006, so I'll be able to cover both "ships",,,(MSC's ship within a ship concept) for those who aren't familiar with it.

When I was on the Preziosa recently the muster cards left in our cabins said NOT to wear the life jacket. That didn't stop people from putting them on anyway - usually whilst stood in the middle of the stairway on the way to the muster drill

well if you don't wear them anymore then..............woo hoo...............I'm grateful

When we sailed in March of this year, the drill was around 5pm. Those boarding after that were required to attend one the next day.

Same here for us about 5 pm, and you don't have to go the second time if you're on a back to back as we were!:)

Cruisergal1208...Great Information, thanks. :):):):)

well if you don't wear them anymore then..............woo hoo...............I'm grateful

They have been worn on every cruise I've done with MSC. They public address tells you to return to your cabin, retrieve your life jackets and mKe your way to the muster point when the signal sounds.

I think Kat meant everyone was wearing them whilst making their way to the drill (I confess I've always done that also) but the written instructions tell you to carry them and don them at Muster.