• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Questions on the Breakaway

klangel

DH and I will be on the Breakaway in September. Has anyone been on the

Breakaway recently? I read there is one day where there is a discount of 25% off

The Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy, if so where do I reservation?

Lobster no longer in the MDR but in the buffet, it's this true? What night and how

Does it work in the buffet? Please one more question. Heard Special K is working on the Breakaway. He was on the RBC explorer of the sea. Great guy. Does anyone know if Special K is on the Breakaway? If so, what is his position? Would love to track him down to say hello.

Thanks

Let's see...

#1 The Cirque Dreams 25% discount is only on the first night. You can not book it in advance with the discount. Go to box office on embarkation day. However, on our 1st Breakaway cruise we did not know about the discount and had already booked in advance for the 1st night. Once we boarded and learned about the discount, we inquired at the box office and were credited the 25%. You can go this route if you really want to see it the 1st night and are worried about it selling out. But, the 1st night is rarely busy, hence the discount!

#2 - On the Breakaway last week, no lobster tail night in the Buffet. With all the food available all over the ship, who really misses it? If you love seafood go to the Sushi bar instead, it is always good. Tons to choose from even if you are not into the raw thing, many of the special rolls are cooked ingredients. The sushi chefs are awesome and fun! (say "Hi" to the sushi chef Rocky from the godzilla roll with no nori girl!)

#3 - Not familiar with Special K, sorry no info there!

#4 HAVE FUN! Don't sweat the small stuff! Don't try to do it all! Don't over plan! Surprises are fun!:p

Edited by cls711

We prebooked Cirque via MYNCL and were charged the full price to our credit card but once on board they automatically credited the 25% to our on board account without having to do anything.

Same here. We were on the UDP, but my son wasn't. They listed it as a refund and then a new charge. The difference was essentially OBC.