Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Wow - now that you mention it one of them indeed had the pin scratched off. I ordered two - the second one is perfectly fine. I just checked the balances and they both have the $100 on them so alls fine there for now.

Is there any way to use these to just purchase a fresh e-card from carnival?

Edited by dcs1989

Wow - now that you mention it one of them indeed had the pin scratched off. I ordered two - the second one is perfectly fine. I just checked the balances and they both have the $100 on them so alls fine there for now.

No.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Our PVP booked it all for us and it comes on one invoice from Carnival and we pay it with Carnival gift cards...so yup....the hotel pre cruise as well, as long as she booked it for us, it was all payable to Carnival and the cards were accepted....saved us a chunk of money!

Great to know. Thanks!

Carnival gift cards are still available as of now this morning, both $500 and $100. I ordered a couple $100 cards last night and then decided to try my luck at some all points auctions as I have over 350k points built up. First auction ending in 1 minute was a $100 gift card and bid was up to 250,000. Waited till the last couple seconds and just started clicking bid button and won the auction for 280,000 points. So now when I get that card I'll trying to use it to get another $100 carnival gift card or use it to pay my bill and the money I save I'll get a $100 carnival gift card and the remaining balance on my cruise will be paid off. :D

Carnival gift cards are still available as of now this morning, both $500 and $100. I ordered a couple $100 cards last night and then decided to try my luck at some all points auctions as I have over 350k points built up. First auction ending in 1 minute was a $100 gift card and bid was up to 250,000. Waited till the last couple seconds and just started clicking bid button and won the auction for 280,000 points. So now when I get that card I'll trying to use it to get another $100 carnival gift card or use it to pay my bill and the money I save I'll get a $100 carnival gift card and the remaining balance on my cruise will be paid off. :D

wow I feel honored just to know someone who actually won one of those auctions. I have tried numerous times on different things and finally gave up. Now I just buy things with the points such as gift cards and local deals.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wow I feel honored just to know someone who actually won one of those auctions. I have tried numerous times on different things and finally gave up. Now I just buy things with the points such as gift cards and local deals.

I waited until the last 10 seconds of the auction and just starting clicking the bid button repeatedly as fast as I could. You can't outbid yourself so soon as someone else outbids you your already clicking away on that bid button and when time runs out its a good chance you'll be the high bidder. I dont bid on the auctions that resets the timer to 10 seconds each time someone makes a bid though. I hate those cause you never know when it will end. As long as someone keeps bidding before timer reaches 0 the timer will keep resetting back to a 10 second count down.

Ordered a $500 gift card on the 18th and this morning I got an email asking me to confirm that I actually purchased it. I called the number and confirmed and they said they would process it. I was hoping it would be on the way by now :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had to do this?

Ordered a $500 gift card on the 18th and this morning I got an email asking me to confirm that I actually purchased it. I called the number and confirmed and they said they would process it. I was hoping it would be on the way by now :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had to do this?

I have never once had to confirm a purchase of these cards. Granted I almost always get the $100 ones but last month I brought a $500 card and no email to confirm. Maybe because I buy them all if the time and use my rewards for other things too.

All 5 of the cards my friend received last week had pin scratched off. She ended up using a few of them to pre-pay her gratuities because she was nervous about someone else having her PIN.

I have never once had to confirm a purchase of these cards. Granted I almost always get the $100 ones but last month I brought a $500 card and no email to confirm. Maybe because I buy them all if the time and use my rewards for other things too.

Could be...this is my first Verizon rewards purchase and I guess it was a pretty big one. I just wish it didn't take them so long to confirm. I hope it ships out soon...I got a cruise balance to pay! :D

I waited until the last 10 seconds of the auction and just starting clicking the bid button repeatedly as fast as I could. You can't outbid yourself so soon as someone else outbids you your already clicking away on that bid button and when time runs out its a good chance you'll be the high bidder. I dont bid on the auctions that resets the timer to 10 seconds each time someone makes a bid though. I hate those cause you never know when it will end. As long as someone keeps bidding before timer reaches 0 the timer will keep resetting back to a 10 second count down.

yea I tried that too but so far I haven't won. Right now I'm buying cards from publix cause it's a better deal. Going to visit mt son for the holidays and told him to grab some publix flyers and I'll get him a couple discounted cards too.

Ordered a $500 gift card on Dec 18. I've logged into my account and it says it shipped, but no tracking information or anything like that. (I was the one who received the email to call and confirm the purchase and when I did, they told I'd get tracking info so I would know when to expect it since I had to sign for it). Called customer service earlier today and the girl I spoke with sounded a little "concerned" that she had no tracking info. She said she'd forward it to her supervisor who would call the warehouse and they would email me tracking info. Still haven't received anything.

I'm a little concerned! It's basically like $500 cash to someone and the money has been taken out of my account....not to mention that I wanted to apply it to my final balance that is

due next week. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else run into issues like this when ordered a gift card?!

Ordered a $500 gift card on Dec 18. I've logged into my account and it says it shipped, but no tracking information or anything like that. (I was the one who received the email to call and confirm the purchase and when I did, they told I'd get tracking info so I would know when to expect it since I had to sign for it). Called customer service earlier today and the girl I spoke with sounded a little "concerned" that she had no tracking info. She said she'd forward it to her supervisor who would call the warehouse and they would email me tracking info. Still haven't received anything.

I'm a little concerned! It's basically like $500 cash to someone and the money has been taken out of my account....not to mention that I wanted to apply it to my final balance that is

due next week. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else run into issues like this when ordered a gift card?!

I've ordered a couple $500 cards in the last couple months and have never gotten a tracking number but once it ships it's usually delivered by US mail by certified mail to my front door in about 5-7 days.

I ordered a couple $100 cards on the 22nd and they arrived in the mail yesterday. You ordered on the 18th and should have gotten them by now. But depending on where you live can also add to the mail time.

I received mine within 8 days and received no tracking number and no e-mail that it had been shipped - only the original purchase confirmation - this was early december.

Keep in mind that you ordered it on the 18th - which was a Friday and the following week was Christmas and this week is New Years. There could be a ton of other factors slowing it down - but i'm sure it is on its way.

Every so often you may run into a delay. Back in March several folks on here ordered cards and it took a little longer than usual. Not sure what happened but it was about two weeks before folks got their orders. Around the holidays there can be a lag but it will get to you.

Can I use the gift card to pay for a cruise through a TA?

If yes, can I book the cruise through Verizon Travel and use points for a discount and then pay using a discounted gift card?

While all through Verizon the TA and gift card sellers are independent of each other so it shouldn't matter.

Has anyone done this and gotten the double discount:D

I booked this week through Verizon and just put down a deposit. I did not see a spot online to enter gift cards when I booked or when I go back in to the payment screen where I can pay on my balance. Once I get a gift card, I planned to call and ask. Worth a shot! :D

I typically order $100 cards (since I take them to apply on board, not to use for payment), and they arrive via regular mail. I've already posted how once they were put in a neighbor's mail box but, thankfully, they brought the envelope to me!

I just ordered a $500 card but put my work address. If it requires a signature, I won't be home. Plus, I think the mail delivery to the office is more reliable than what I get at my residence.

Final payment is due 2/1, so it "should" be here in plenty of time!

Ok, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this long post but I can't find it and honestly I got tired of looking.

Can you purchase these cards and use them on the ship for your sail and sign account? So you can use them for gratuities, drinks, gift shops, etc? Will they take them when you board or do you have to apply them to your account before you leave? I sail on the 23rd of this month, so I'm wondering if I'll have time to get them.

Ok, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this long post but I can't find it and honestly I got tired of looking.

Can you purchase these cards and use them on the ship for your sail and sign account? So you can use them for gratuities, drinks, gift shops, etc? Will they take them when you board or do you have to apply them to your account before you leave? I sail on the 23rd of this month, so I'm wondering if I'll have time to get them.

Yes this has been asked and answered a million times, but here it goes again. You can use the cards for anything Carnival related other than online purchases from the fun shops.

You can use them to load as obc and then from there spend as you wish. Because Cheers is sold through the fun shops/bon voyage, you can't buy it in advance online. But you can use your obc from gift cards to get it once onboard. And yes you can use them to prepay tips.