• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

"My Time Dining" on Royal Caribbean

Hello fellow cruisers! I am trying out the "My Time Dining' on RCI's Navigator of the Seas for the first time this fall and I have a question: I have chosen to dine with 10 people, but was wondering if I can change that if I decide that I want to have a romantic dinner for two one night and/or dine with my two children on another night. Can someone tell me how it works? (When I cruised with NCL, we could dine whenever and with whomever we wanted to and I am curious to know if the "My Time Dining" is anything like that.) Thanks!

You can change who you dine with nightly.

You can make standing reservations, reservations for some nights, or no reservations at all. Your choice.

Edited by clarea

If you're dining with 10, I strongly suggest you make a reservation. For smaller groups, it's entirely up to you. Just show up or, if you prefer the same servers, make a reservation for their station with the correct number of people.

I like the way MTD is handled better than what we experienced on NCL Dawn. BUT....... I hate open seating @ breakfast & lunch in the MDR & appreciate that on the Dawn there was never an issue with being seated at a two top for those meals!

BUT....... I hate open seating @ breakfast & lunch in the MDR & appreciate that on the Dawn there was never an issue with being seated at a two top for those meals!

We have been on FOS twice, and EOS once. We seldom eat breakfast in the MDR, but when we do, we learned to specifically ask for a table for 2. Sometimes they don't seem happy with us but we have always gotten our request.

With MTD, they'll seat you with only your party... so if only 2 of you show...that's how they'll seat you. That's the beauty of MTD....you don't need to "link" or stay as a group....it's how you want it, when you want it.

We have been on FOS twice, and EOS once. We seldom eat breakfast in the MDR, but when we do, we learned to specifically ask for a table for 2. Sometimes they don't seem happy with us but we have always gotten our request.

Yes, this is true! We always ask to be seated just our group which is sometimes three, four or five. They don't like it but they will do it. Just ask.

coming off the jewel, we had a reservations made for every night. when we changed times, i always let them know..lobster night, the majority of the people came in early, so even for two, when i attempted to change, they asked if we could come in an hour later..so we would have waited an hour for a table for two...you just never know who wants to come and at what time

Hi! I'll be making MTD ressies soon so what night was lobster night on Jewel? Thanks

Yes, this is true! We always ask to be seated just our group which is sometimes three, four or five. They don't like it but they will do it. Just ask.

Was not the case for us on Enchantment. Our family of four was sometimes seated with others and I was not very happy. They didn't care and seated us with others we did not know anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app