• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Sorry...still need opinions...

bling19572010

Would you choose Sonesta or Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in Ft. Lauderdale for a one night pre-cruise stay due to cleanliness, convenience, locations, etc? Thank you!

Personally, I like the Sonesta because of the location. It is right across the street from the beach, and you can walk for a couple of miles in either direction along the beach side sidewalk. There are a few restaurants around the corner, and there is a bike rental station right outside the hotel. About 1/2 mile away over the bridge is Galleria Mall with nice shopping and restaurants.

Hyatt Pier 66 is convenient to the port and there are lots of dining options within walking distance, but I don't find the 17th Street area all that interesting.

Edited by brunello22

I would also choose the Sonesta if for no other reason but the location. Across street from beach and about a 4 block walk to Galleria Mall, CVS Drug Store across the waterway bridge. Also a few other places right next to or behind the hotel. The Hyatt Pier 66 is very nice with beautiful pool area and grounds but also a walk across another bridge to stores , restaurants, etc. Also if you are not in the main tower building it is a very long walk just to get to lobby or front of hotel.

Personally, I like the Sonesta because of the location. It is right across the street from the beach, and you can walk for a couple of miles in either direction along the beach side sidewalk. There are a few restaurants around the corner, and there is a bike rental station right outside the hotel. About 1/2 mile away over the bridge is Galleria Mall with nice shopping and restaurants.

Hyatt Pier 66 is convenient to the port and there are lots of dining options within walking distance, but I don't find the 17th Street area all that interesting.

Thanks for the info!! I was hoping I'd hear Sonesta!!

I would also choose the Sonesta if for no other reason but the location. Across street from beach and about a 4 block walk to Galleria Mall, CVS Drug Store across the waterway bridge. Also a few other places right next to or behind the hotel. The Hyatt Pier 66 is very nice with beautiful pool area and grounds but also a walk across another bridge to stores , restaurants, etc. Also if you are not in the main tower building it is a very long walk just to get to lobby or front of hotel.

Thank you!