• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Isla Verde suggestions please

lisanj1329

Courtyard Marriott is excellent. Walk to La Playita for dinner - somewhat hard to find but worth the walk. Don't miss their Coco Loco drink. Then ask for directions to walk back to the Marriott via the beach. Very romantic. Enjoy.

I work at the Courtyard and I'm biased on the hotel...LOL...but there are some great places around the area to eat. Metropol (Cuban, local, caribbean) is great, Made In Puerto Rico (local, themed) is good for local made dishes and good portions, there's a Denny's, Platos (local), Chilli's, Lupis (mexican) and tons more. These are all within 10 walking distance or just off from the Courtyard, Emabssy Suites, El San Juan Hotel, Intercontinental and the Ritz. There are some more a bit farther away, including a ton of fast food joints (Wendys, BK, Taco Bell, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
I work at the Courtyard and I'm biased on the hotel...LOL...but there are some great places around the area to eat. Metropol (Cuban, local, caribbean) is great, Made In Puerto Rico (local, themed) is good for local made dishes and good portions, there's a Denny's, Platos (local), Chilli's, Lupis (mexican) and tons more. These are all within 10 walking distance or just off from the Courtyard, Emabssy Suites, El San Juan Hotel, Intercontinental and the Ritz. There are some more a bit farther away, including a ton of fast food joints (Wendys, BK, Taco Bell, etc.)

How far from the cruise ship dock are the restaurants located? Walking distance from Isle Verde Beach?

How far from the cruise ship dock are the restaurants located? Walking distance from Isle Verde Beach?

Which docks? If your ship is stopping in San Juan for the day, that would be in Old San Juan. Not walking distance to Isla Verde.

Isla Verde is a 15-20 min. cab ride from the docks. If you decide to go to Isla Verde for your stop here you will be missing out on the best part of your stop: Old San Juan. There are lots of very good places to eat in OSJ. Isla Verde is just "somewhat" touristy, catering mainly to hotel guests who are looking for some nightlife and places to eat. But the beaches there are among the best you'll find on the Island.

If you decide to go to Isla Verde for your stop here you will be missing out on the best part of your stop: Old San Juan. .

I agree!!! It's sad some people post here that they don't like San Juan as a port stop. All the other islands have beaches, Old San Juan offers something so different, it's a great place to explore:)