• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Cruise 2013 - Voyage Of The Vikings - Part 12

CwazeAndCwaze

It's Part 12 my dear friends! And they said it wouldn't last!

Beginning our tour in Akureyri, Iceland. Meeting Gisli. A memory and a waterfall.

Please give a look if you're so inclined and tell me what you think.

Thank you to one and all for your continued support.

:D:D:D,

Scott

Hi Scott:

Bravo. Your opening scene was the best yet.. I loved it from walking onto the wrong deck to the memories of the Penthouse.

Enjoyed your tour with taxi driver Gisli.

Beautiful landscape and waterfall and look forward to Part 13 with more on Akureyri and the waterfall.

As I was watching this episode I was thinking you guys should have a TV series or something on the Travel Channel.

Once again, bravo!

Keith

Scott, what a joy and a pleasant surprise to find part 12 on Cruise Critic this morning. I must admit that this isn't the first time and it won't be the last that I have agreed with Keith but you do deserve high praise for this one. It put smiles and tears on my face from your getting lost on the ship to the beautiful memories. I too have gotten lost trying to get off the ship but, one thing is for sure, I have always managed to find a lounge or a place where food is served on it. Thanks again for sharing such a lovely journey with your many fans.

Elaine

Dearest Scott:

The Sepia Tones with the Barbara were just Perfect for "Memories." I remember that waterfall and you have captured it beautifully. You truly have a talent for the cellulose. Having fine, hilarious, and beautiful actors helps a lot. Thank you for taking us along. Now I am crying, again. ;)

Donna

Too funny re memories of the CP! I have only been able to visit the CP when my parents and the rest of my family of origin all wet to Mexico to celebrate my 50th birthday in December of 2010.It was lovely! They deserved it(as didi you too)...Your videos really make me want to sail with you guys some time.I love your joie de vivre! I still may make a last minute re-booking on V4225. Many of us have cancelled as of final payment deadline July 23...

I have not watched the entire video yet as I hate to have to wait another week for the next installment-rationing my viewing out here in Calabasas LOL

Edited by haikou

It's Part 12 my dear friends! And they said it wouldn't last!

Beginning our tour in Akureyri, Iceland. Meeting Gisli. A memory and a waterfall.

Please give a look if you're so inclined and tell me what you think.

Thank you to one and all for your continued support.

Scott

Posting here the same as I posted on YouTube:

"Memories: I have no doubt you will do the Crystal Penthouse yet again. And again. And again. Something will happen . . .

Loving Iceland -- this trip is in my dreams and something I've longed to do for a long time. Keep those videos coming!"

We've booked the NYC to NYC in 2016 -- any chance you'll be on it? (Just thinking ahead . . . WELL ahead!)

Hugs!

Edited by TravelKnitter

Wonderful job Scott. As I mentioned, we missed our stop in Akureyi due to bad weather and it was nice to see what it looks like. I assume that these are the same waterfalls that we visited from Rekjavik. They are quite impressive in any case.

Hi again, Scott:

Your unexpected blessing of a lovely tour guide/taxi driver reminds me that this is truly one of the best parts of any journey -- the unexpected blessings.

Thanks so much. Carry on.

Best,

Chuck-

Hi again, Scott:

Your unexpected blessing of a lovely tour guide/taxi driver reminds me that this is truly one of the best parts of any journey -- the unexpected blessings.

Thanks so much. Carry on.

Best,

Chuck-

Scott,

The above is beautifully said!! But me thinks that you and Gooch MUST bring out the best in these tour guides. They have a warm and receptive audience ...in YOU......can't be all luck all the time!!

Looking forward to more!

Debbie

Loved, just loved the music! That was the "Yeoman's march" from the Wizard of Oz, wasn't it??!! And well, who could've said it better than Bab's "Memories"?!!!! Also thought that Tom and Terry's selfie was a beauty!

Another fantastic episode. We now have a Thurs am ritual.....assemble on couch, have good cup of coffee in hand and then, let her rip! Thank you so much for taking us along!

L, J & S

Keith1010 - Thank you, friend. The only stipulation I would have with a Travel Channel show is that we'd have to take our four-legged kids!

NJBeaglemom - Thank you! It makes me so happy when someone notices something I've worked hard at. XOOXXO

sea lover - Thank you Elaine for being a loyal watcher! I am so grateful. And that is our motto too... If lost ... look for food!!

Di Princess - Thank you, sweet Donna, for always being here for me!

haikou - WOW! Calabasas! I had no idea! Or did I ... I'm old.. I drink... I forget. I sure hope you rebook, we would love to meet you.

TravelKnitter - Thank you, dear Lee. Oh how I hope we can revisit the CP! And I NEVER know what our travels will be! Maybe we'll see you then.

Boston Traveler 24 - Thank you SO much Karin, as always. And I will wait for your response letter from the Travel Channel to let me know if we should proceed. ;-) XO

digtexas - Iceland is truly a magical place so I think ANY part we got to experience is amazing!

Exec Libra - Thank you as always, Chuck. We are blessed by so many wonderful people on our travels.

lesliehr - Thank you Debbie. That is so kind. We believe that everyone deserves respect, kindness and an open heart and ear. 90 percent of the time it is returned 100 fold.

Mudhen - YES!!! Linda wins! It was the Yeoman's March from TWOO! So many people have written me and said, "WAIT IS THAT MUSIC IT'S SO FAMILIAR!" LOL!!! Good job! XOOX And thank you SO much for being a "fan"

To all you wonderful people... THANK YOU!!! You have made me smile so big the top of my head fell off!

Scott

Scott, I couldn't respond to your latest episode because I was too busy watching an episode of Murder She Wrote; "Is anybody home, lady?" It was thrilling to see you and to see your name in large letters in the credits. BTW, I did a search and found some cute "early years" pictures on the Internet ;).

Scott, I couldn't respond to your latest episode because I was too busy watching an episode of Murder She Wrote; "Is anybody home, lady?" It was thrilling to see you and to see your name in large letters in the credits. BTW, I did a search and found some cute "early years" pictures on the Internet ;).

ROFL! Yes. It was indeed a pivotal, career making role! Thank you, dear one. And I'm frankly afraid of any pictures you may have found!!!

Scott

We cruise next week. I hope I can find a way to view your posts, but if not, I'll see you when we return. :) Thank you for your videos, which uplift my spirits and excitement, every step of the way.

Edited by TravelKnitter

We cruise next week. I hope I can find a way to view your posts, but if not, I'll see you when we return. :) Thank you for your videos, which uplift my spirits and excitement, every step of the way.

I hope your cruise is better than you could even imagine! And thank you, always, for your kind words and support.

HAPPY SAILS!!!

Scott

Wow. It's almost time for another installment. I look forward to them each week. You make me smile, tear up, and sometimes totally loose it laughing. Just brilliant editing and choice of music. I love the "little things" you include that provide context and color. My favorite scenes are the Icelandic morning and that ramp at Dover. Each was incredible, in a different way. Please take another cruise!

Wow. It's almost time for another installment. I look forward to them each week. You make me smile, tear up, and sometimes totally loose it laughing. Just brilliant editing and choice of music. I love the "little things" you include that provide context and color. My favorite scenes are the Icelandic morning and that ramp at Dover. Each was incredible, in a different way. Please take another cruise!

Thank you so much for this lovely comment. I means SO much to me when my work is appreciated. An amazing feeling.

New segment uploads tomorrow and new cruise starts in 2 months, 16 days, 2 hours and 3 minutes... but whose counting?

Scott

Lee and I will probably watch your next episode in DOVER, if the internet is working at the Churchill's Inn. I cannot miss an episode (need my CC fix daily). Thanks for all you do, your time, laughter, and love.

Donna

Thank you sweet Donna.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!!!!

Scott

PS - See you in Dover!!!! Well... on video anyway.

Hi Scott,

I don't talk on the boards much but I read everything.

I have followed all your posts for this cruise and your last cruise.

Your videos are fantastic.

You and Drew are very lucky to have each other and to have friends like Tom and Terry.

I look forward to each new installment (your descriptions and humor are absolutely amazing). Your have a very special talent. Keep them coming.

Partially because of your videos (and partially our desire to upgrade the quality of our cruises from mostly Celebrity) , Terry and I have booked a Crystal cruise in January, our first on Crystal.

I just wanted to let you know your work is appreciated by many people (especially me).

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Scott,

I don't talk on the boards much but I read everything.

I have followed all your posts for this cruise and your last cruise.

Your videos are fantastic.

You and Drew are very lucky to have each other and to have friends like Tom and Terry.

I look forward to each new installment (your descriptions and humor are absolutely amazing). Your have a very special talent. Keep them coming.

Partially because of your videos (and partially our desire to upgrade the quality of our cruises from mostly Celebrity) , Terry and I have booked a Crystal cruise in January, our first on Crystal.

I just wanted to let you know your work is appreciated by many people (especially me).

Thanks,

Bob

Oh wow! Thank you SO much Bob. This post makes me happier than I can say!!!!

Not only are you watching my stuff and saying such kind things here, but I am in a small way a reason that you are about to be Crystallized!

I am indeed incredibly lucky in so many ways. My Drew, our friends Tom and Terry and being able to sail on Crystal are 3 of the top.

Thank you so much for posting this. It just means the world.

Scott

Good Morning Scott! I just wanted to say that my partner and I always look forward to the latest video release and enjoy following the antics of your travel adventures on board Crystal Cruises. I agree with a comment made by Keith a while back and that is you should consider releasing the entire 'season' a la Netflix so we can settle on the couch, make a martini, tuck into some nosh and enjoy all the episodes in one sitting! I wonder what trouble you will get into on the upcoming Transpacific :)

Ashley.

Good Morning Scott! I just wanted to say that my partner and I always look forward to the latest video release and enjoy following the antics of your travel adventures on board Crystal Cruises. I agree with a comment made by Keith a while back and that is you should consider releasing the entire 'season' a la Netflix so we can settle on the couch, make a martini, tuck into some nosh and enjoy all the episodes in one sitting! I wonder what trouble you will get into on the upcoming Transpacific :)

Ashley.

Thank you Ashley!!! I am so grateful you watch, enjoy and comment!

The problem with releasing them all at once is ... well... they aren't done yet!!! LOL!

I JUST finished the one I'm going to release today and then I have to start right away on next Wednesday's!

13 days at sea on our next one! LOOK OUT SYMPHONY! :p

Scott