• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Boot camp classes on the ship

Cjh1975

I noticed on some old Funtimes from the Valor that some mornings they have a body sculpting boot camp. It stated there is an additional fee for it. Does anyone happen to know how much the fee is. Also for anyone that had taken these classes what did you think of them?

I took it on carnival elation this past may; it was $24 plus tip so $26 and some change.

As far as the difficulty level, it was just a bit easier than a Jillian Michaels DVD workout. If you don't workout on a regular basis you'd probably be sore the next morning.

I took it on carnival elation this past may; it was $24 plus tip so $26 and some change.

As far as the difficulty level, it was just a bit easier than a Jillian Michaels DVD workout. If you don't workout on a regular basis you'd probably be sore the next morning.

I normally do boot camp,aqua boot camp, aqua aerobics and Zumba so I should be fine. But 26 is kinda pricey

Yeah but I was the only one who showed up so it was akin to a personal trainer session which cost twice as much I think.

Well, that's pretty good! You can't hide when you're the only one in class! I'm sure you got an awesome workout. :)

I'm surprised they don't make the price a little more reasonable, so they get a few more people to make it a fun class (without making it so that a million people show up). Maybe $10 or even $15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I have to say that I sure as heck would not tip at the cost of that class! These folks are salaried and, if I am correct, not even part of Carnival. Aren't they part of the Spa folks?

Edited by TerReuv

Well, that's pretty good! You can't hide when you're the only one in class! I'm sure you got an awesome workout. :)

I'm surprised they don't make the price a little more reasonable, so they get a few more people to make it a fun class (without making it so that a million people show up). Maybe $10 or even $15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The yoga class is $12 so I guess the spa figures that they can get twice as much flour the "hardcore" class. I only went once for a couple reasons:

1. I agree that the cost is a bit ridiculous.

2. I didn't like the guy running the class(I'm generally the type of person that gets along with everybody). He wasn't rude to me or anything like that;I could just tell that he was a cocky jerk(my table mate at dinner felt the same way. He was the reason neither one of us went back) The workout lasted about 25 minutes and I was in there about an hour... he spent the rest of the time talking about how great he was and how he would rather be on a RC ship.

And I have to say that I sure as heck would not tip at the cost of that class! These folks are salaried and, if I am correct, not even part of Carnival. Aren't they part of the Spa folks?

The tip was automatically added on and while I didn't care for the guy(see above post) I was reminded of a LIVE song(from the '90's I believe); "everybody's good enough for some change..."

• 4 weeks later...

Boot camp seems a bit pricey. Not too worried about what it entails (I do that crazy CrossFit thing) but it seems expensive for a group class.

Figured I'd do a cycle or yoga class and supplement it with a "free" class if there are any at the times I work out, or just do my own mini circuit in the gym.