• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Tell me your favorite 17th restaurant

sunsetme

I have 2 nights precruise on 17th st FLL. What is your favorite place for dinner nearby?

Duffy's sportsbar...right behind Embassy Suites in the Publix shopping center...very good food.

thanks for starting this thread. I am also staying at a 17th street hotel before my upcoming cruise and will arrive "hopefully" on time at about 12.30pm. So will be looking for a place to eat lunch before checking in to hotel. Duffy's and Gilberts sound good to me and within easy walking distance. But I will also be staying a day post cruise in the same area, so look forward to all suggestions.:)

I haven't been to Bimini Boatyard in several years, but the food was really good the last time I went. Plus it really offers some great outdoor dining (assuming you are coming in the winter . . . I wouldn't sit outside in the summer heat at any restaurant down here, even if you paid me.) I know they have a Sunday brunch and a really decent Happy hour.

Cosign on Gilberts if seafood isn't your thing.

I also wouldn't limit myself to the 17th street area. Las Olas and the beach have some pretty great restaurants also. I know the idea of walking to dinner sounds refreshing but don't let a short cab ride be the reason you miss out on a place better suited for your tastes.

South Street Raw Bar

Bimini's Boatyard

Duffy's

Kellys

These are the four that we have been to. They were all very good. Duffy's atmosphere is like a sports bar and has dozens of TV'S all over the place.

You cannot go wrong with above ...enjoyed them all and not too expensive. Sooo many places near 17th Street and soooo little time. Lol :)

Edited by champagne123
xxx

Hands down Market 17.

On Las Olas, Fork & Balls just opened and is really good.

Solitas on Las Olas has closed up and the Big City Group has taken over the space to turn in into Louie Bossi's who is the Executive Chef at Big City Tavern and it should be amazing Italian!

Pretty soon Las Olas will be all Yolo and Big City.

Met a group of fellow CCr's at Bimini Boatyard night before a cruise this spring, food was really good.

Had a pre-cruise meal at 15th Street Fisheries, ate upstairs out on the back deck, which is right on the Intercoastal. Food was good, nothing to write home about; however,during the winter, it was great to eat outside, watch all of the boat traffic and watch them feed the tarpon right from the dock. A good time.

Enjoy your cruise!:)