C & A department vs. Regular royal caribbean sales dept.... better help?

Which one do you feel offers more help? ex: with price drops; booking a new reservation, issues, etc.

I just happened to notice a price drop for my upcoming November sailing. Called C & A and got nowhere...

the agent had a bunch of excuses, first telling me: "No, it is only for new bookings", then "you don't qualify", then "the price change does not populate my screen therefore you are not eligible."

Not convinced by his answer, I called the regular RCCL sales/booking dept.

The lady who answered helped me right away; she was actually glad she could save me $$$. She went above and beyond looking for a solution for me to be able to get the new price drop (since I had originally used a credit/coupon).

It took her a while and a long talk with customers' resolutions, but at the end, she came back with a smile over the phone and said: "Ma'am, your new documents are being emailed at this time, you saved $113".

So what's your experience, C & A vs regular RCCL customer's dept???

I recently wanted to upgrade cabins during a GGG sale. Was going to be paying $100/pp more for the upgrade. I called the TA booking desk (since that's what I do), and they told me nope, can't do it, new bookings only.

I called C&A and they not only did the upgrade, but they repriced for D balcony discount, D+ discount as well as making sure a bonus commission was kept on the booking and didn't get lost.

For simple things, I'm fine with the agent desk. Otherwise, I call C&A.

I have always had excellent service from C&A. I have not called the reglar customer service department in years.

Same for me. I talked with C&A just this morning with excellent results. ;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43680143&posted=1#post43680143

I think that the rep was also the person that took my original booking. :) I am not D+.

Edited by Iamthesea

I find sales better but only to a point as certain issues of discounts they don't understand

C and a has always been frustrating though

I just see it as making me appreciate the cruise more as I need that first drink

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never had a problem with regular customer service so I never felt the need to call C&A except when directed to do so. Years ago, I was told I had to call C&A to have my balcony discount applied. It's never happened again since that one time.

I used to have a regular CVP at the regular sales department. He was wonderful.

Then he "left".

Then I got another wonderful CVP at the regular sales department. She was fantastic. Then the company split, and she made the choice to go with Celebrity. (they used to be one sales center)

So I got another wonderful CVP at the regular sales department. She was amazing, too. Then she left.

So I got another CVP in the regular sales department. He was feh.

So now I just call C&A. I rarely book on the phone; I book while on board. But if I need anything later, I just call C&A.

And if I DO book on the phone, using a NCC, I call C&A.

:)

ETA: I never use the D+ desk, because I almost always call when the D+ desk is closed. :D

Edited by Merion_Mom