Another Coke Freestyle Machine Question

That's a really good point, I hadn't considered that. Fortunately I'm a diet coke drinker - I'd think it would be fairly available at the bars and restaurants.

And of course, if it's too soon to refill my soda, I may be forced to drink a margarita while I wait. :D

Any idea how big the special glasses are?

Diet Coke is one of the varieties usually available at the bar/restaurant fountains.

Just a guesstimate, but I'd say the special cup is something like 20oz.

List of Available Beverages

Coca-Cola (Classic)

Coca-Cola

Cherry Coke

Raspberry Coke

Coke with Lime

Vanilla Coke

Orange Coke

Diet Coke

Diet Coke

Diet Cherry Coke

Raspberry Diet Coke

Orange Diet Coke

Diet Coke with Lime

Diet Vanilla Coke

Coca-Cola Zero

Coca-Cola Zero

Cherry Coke Zero

Vanilla Coke Zero

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke

Caffeine-free Diet Coke

Caffeine-free Diet Cherry Coke

Caffeine-free Diet Raspberry Coke

Caffeine-free Diet Vanilla Coke

Caffeine-free Diet Coke with Lime

Caffeine-free Diet Coke with Orange

Sprite

Sprite

Sprite with Cherry

Sprite with Raspberry

Sprite with Strawberry

Sprite with Grape

Sprite with Peach

Sprite Zero

Sprite Zero

Sprite Zero with Cherry

Sprite Zero with Raspberry

Sprite Zero with Grape

Sprite Zero with Peach

Sprite Zero with Strawberry

Vault

Vault

Vault Red Blitz

Orange Vault

Peach Vault

Grape Vault

Barq's (Root Beer)

Barq's

Diet Barq's

Pibb

Pibb Xtra (Regular)

Pibb Zero

Dasani

Dasani with Cherry

Dasani with Grape

Dasani with Lemon

Dasani with Peach

Dasani with Raspberry

Dasani with Lime

Dasani with Orange

Dasani with Strawberry

Dasani Sensations (Diet)

Dasani Sensations - Cherry

Dasani Sensations - Grape

Dasani Sensations - Orange

Dasani Sensations - Peach

Dasani Sensations - Lemon

Dasani Sensations - Lime

Dasani Sensations - Raspberry

Dasani Sensations - Strawberry

Fanta

Fanta Cherry

Fanta Lime

Fanta Orange

Fanta Fruit Punch

Fanta Grape

Fanta Peach

Fanta Raspberry

Fanta Strawberry

Fanta Zero

Fanta Zero Cherry

Fanta Zero Fruit Punch

Fanta Zero Grape

Fanta Zero Raspberry

Fanta Zero Strawberry

Fanta Zero Lime

Fanta Zero Orange

Fanta Zero Peach

Hi-C

Hi-C Orange

Hi-C Raspberry

Hi-C Strawberry

Hi-C Cherry

Hi-C Fruit Punch

Hi-C Grape

Minute Maid

Minute Maid Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Lemonade

Minute Maid Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Strawberry Lemonade

Powerade

Powerade Fruit Punch

Powerade Grape

Powerade Orange

Powerade Raspberry

Powerade Lemon

Powerade Lime

Powerade Cherry

Powerade Strawberry

Powerade Zero

Powerade Zero Cherry

Powerade Zero Fruit Punch

Powerade Zero Raspberry

Powerade Zero Strawberry

Powerade Zero Grape

Powerade Zero Lemon

Powerade Zero Lime

Powerade Zero Orange

While this is a great list, it may not be complete and it may vary from ship to ship at times. I very specifically remember seeing Seagram's Ginger-ale on Allure. It caught me by surprise to see the Seagram's logo on a Soft drink machine as I didn't know they made a ginger ale, but I did find it to be very good. (there might have been one or two variations on it.

Where are the freestyle machines located on each ship? (specifically JW and AD...but interested in all) How many ,machines does each ship have?

Jewel as of last May had only 2 in the back of the Windjammer. I think Majesty had more, but I don't remember. Allure had 7 around the ship.

Does the Liberty of the a Seas from the Freedom Class have the drink machines or only the ship Freedom?

No Freestyle on Liberty.

Freestyle is only on Explorer, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty, and Jewel.

Edited by clarea

Any idea how big the special glasses are?

I have one at work next to me now, the current one I got off Jewel 2 months ago.

7" high, 3.5" OD at the screw top narrowing to about 2 3/4" at the base, typical classic coke style shape. I would guess it holds about 16-20 ozs without ice.

I have one at work next to me now, the current one I got off Jewel 2 months ago.

7" high, 3.5" OD at the screw top narrowing to about 2 3/4" at the base, typical classic coke style shape. I would guess it holds about 16-20 ozs without ice.

oooooooh that's tiny. Well, my wife has the drink package too . . . I can fill both our cups at the same time and combine them if necessary.

Does anyone know why some ships have the machines and some don't? I heard somewhere (??) that only ships staying mostly in the USA will have the free style machines due to lack of service (maintenance, refills)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know why some ships have the machines and some don't? I heard somewhere (??) that only ships staying mostly in the USA will have the free style machines due to lack of service (maintenance, refills)

That seems like a reasonable assumption at least for now. The machines just started showing up here in land restaurants about 2 years ago. Are they in Europe or Asia yet? I watched a guy service them and I have seen what the cartridges look like and some of the work they require.

Might be based on Drydock schedule....

The machines have been around since 2009 on land...All over the place now, especially in Coke Country (Southeast in around near Atlanta)

The refills are simple concentrate boxes that look like large injet printer cartridges. The systems on land work that when it gets low, the machine automatically orders a new carthridge for itself and it is fedex'd...arrives next day. plugs in like a ink cartridge in a printer... so at sea they must keep a supply of the refills... but yeah, doubtful a non-US origin cruise would have easy access to the freestyle refills as I believe they are US only right now....

I have a buddy who works for coke, he explained it to me. Now servicing these things on ship if they break...I bet thats a different story. I would bet they keep a spare...and swap it out...and when they back at port of origin the busted one is swapped out with coke for a good one.

Edited by Deptacon

List of Available Beverages...

This didn't include Seagrams Ginger Ale and I know for a fact I saw a Freestyle with both regular and diet Seagrams Ginger Ale on Sunday at Wendy's, before the power went out.

Not sure if there's a major modification needed to existing machines to add this or it's just a little software update. Probably not an issue as I don't foresee bumping into an RCL Freestyle until next November :(

Might be based on Drydock schedule....

Just because the ship goes into drydock doesn't mean it gets the Freestyle machines. I thought for sure that the Navigator was going to have them after it came out of drydock, but sure enough it didn't in April. And Navigator is sailing out of the US year-round, so it blows that theory as well. Maybe it's due to the machines having Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper, although I have seen Dr. Pepper in some of the land-based machines.

Just because the ship goes into drydock doesn't mean it gets the Freestyle machines. I thought for sure that the Navigator was going to have them after it came out of drydock, but sure enough it didn't in April. And Navigator is sailing out of the US year-round, so it blows that theory as well. Maybe it's due to the machines having Mr. Pibb instead of Dr. Pepper, although I have seen Dr. Pepper in some of the land-based machines.

MR pibb is coke only... dr pepper is owned by snapple but bottled by both coke and pepsi depending on where in the country you are....

Who knows... Maybe they are still "testing" freestyle? Or, more likely, who ever sold the contract to RCL was a FL based bottler.. And not Mother Coke... That would explain the FL/SE based sailings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Deptacon

Really like the New Cole Machines.:):)

I was worried about them at first because I've been behind people who didn't know how to use them at land restaurants, or behind kids putting a little of 64 different variations in their one cup.

I've now used the machines on 3 different cruises - Allure, Majesty, and Jewel, and the problems of those people have been few and far in between, enough for me to get a laugh at a few people. Being that football season is coming, I love to relate about the guy on Allure who put his cup up and it said REFILLS NOT AVAILABLE FOR 4 minutes and 30 seconds. He pulled the cup back and kept trying for the full time till it let him get a refill. He was wearing a Michigan shirt, so I considered the source.