El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I would choose the Solstice out of those two, it may be $300 more but with a drinks package, it would be worth it.:D

I thought drinks packages didn't apply to repositioning cruises? I did a dummy booking with the phone back online TA and it said not other offers included.

Would definitely book if it was included.

You are correct. No drinks packages (unless you buy one) for repositioning cruises.

There is a little bit of historical evidence now that these trans Pacific cruises are getting good late deal. September coming the other way will be worth keeping an eye on. I will monitor what happens in Sept and if history repeats (last Sept they were almost giving the Solstice cruise away at the very last minute) I will book cheap air (or points flights if I can get one) to LA whenever it comes available for August Sept 2017, book the 11 day cruise from the USA to Honolulu then take my chances with a last minute bargain on the Hawaii Sydney leg.

These cruises are traditionally expensive.

Yep last year they had the repo cruise from Hawaii back to Sydney on Radiance for $1200 AUD for an inside cabin (with $100 USD OBC) and $1999 for a balcony (no OBC)

Sooo cheap .. We did this cruise in 2013 and paid over $7k for a balcony for 2 pax so this was almost half price!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just saw this one -

Todays Friday Fare Frenzy needs to be seen to be believed! It's not every day that you can get all inclusive Europe Fly, Cruise & Stay deal like this one. Our 14 night itinerary includes return flights from Sydney, 2 nights stay in Istanbul, 7 night cruise aboard luxury Celebrity Equinox in a Balcony Stateroom and 2 nights stay in Rome - plus receive a FREE Classic Beverage Package and choose 1 bonus offer; US$150 onboard credit per person, Prepaid Gratuities or Unlimited Internet. All this for an incredible price from only $2899pp, twin share! This offer is only available today or until sold out - don't miss out!

What's included?

Return Economy Class airfare from Sydney,

2 night stay in Istanbul

7 night cruise aboard Celebrity Equinox from Istanbul to Rome

FREE Balcony Upgrade

All meals and entertainment onboard the ship

FREE Classic Beverage Package

Choice of 1 bonus offers: US$150 onboard credit per person, Prepaid Gratuities or Unlimited Internet

2 night stay in Rome

All taxes

Not bad I thought.... Departs 15th June 2016

Just saw this one -

Todays Friday Fare Frenzy needs to be seen to be believed! It's not every day that you can get all inclusive Europe Fly' date=' Cruise & Stay deal like this one. Our 14 night itinerary includes return flights from Sydney, 2 nights stay in Istanbul, 7 night cruise aboard luxury Celebrity Equinox in a Balcony Stateroom and 2 nights stay in Rome - plus receive a FREE Classic Beverage Package and choose 1 bonus offer; US$150 onboard credit per person, Prepaid Gratuities or Unlimited Internet. All this for an incredible price from only $2899pp, twin share! This offer is only available today or until sold out - don't miss out!

What's included?

Return Economy Class airfare from Sydney,

2 night stay in Istanbul

7 night cruise aboard Celebrity Equinox from Istanbul to Rome

FREE Balcony Upgrade

All meals and entertainment onboard the ship

FREE Classic Beverage Package

Choice of 1 bonus offers: US$150 onboard credit per person, Prepaid Gratuities or Unlimited Internet

2 night stay in Rome

All taxes

Not bad I thought.... Departs 15th June 2016[/quote']

That's an amazing deal! I need the exact same thing for May/June 2017!

How do we find this deal? - I know you can't name agent sites, which does make it tricky....

Do you reckon you can't extend at the end, and you have to stick to the 14 days? Also wonder where the other 3 days come in...

You can generally extend either prior or post, if there is a difference in price for airfares, then they will soon tell you.:D

You can generally extend either prior or post, if there is a difference in price for airfares, then they will soon tell you.:D

The extra in airfares would be well worth it.

I can't however take William back to Italy. Last time he was aged 2. Blond, blue eyed and chubby.

The Italian people would not stop feeding the Australian "bambino". He needed a T-shirt "please don't worry mum feeds me".

Looks like it is still available but it's gone up to $3199. Google friday fare frenzy and cruise - it will be the website of the fb reference.....

It's still showing as $2899 on the webpage. I was told the agents after sales service is non-existent. It would make a great cruise for our wedding anniversary.

Edited by cruisine21

It's still showing as $2899 on the webpage. I was told the agents after sales service is non-existent. It would make a great cruise for our wedding anniversary.

Would be great. We have got packages and added time before and after. Last year we got a fly/stay/cruise/stay/fly Trans-Atlantic and added 4 days prior to a package to visit Amsterdam and also added two weeks post package to do a New England tour in the US.:D