Eden, New South Wales, Australia

Jan 3, 2020

08:00 AM

05:00 PM

Sydney, Australia

Jan 4, 2020

07:00 AM

- - -

Wow, if Christmas wasn't already organised for us, I would be sooo tempted by that one. We've done two NZ cruises, one on the Noordam and one on Celebrity Solstice. Solstice is lovely, but HAL does offer better service, and we just prefer cruising with them. Love, love, love the piano bar on Noordam.

Hi.  Hoping some one on this forum can help me. 

Does anyone know if there is a travel cruise co whose website shows what cabins are available for a sailing. 

I am looking at a Christmas cruise in 2020 on Voyager for 8 people (4 cabins) and would like to see what the current availability is like but I can't seem to find a webpage that shows available cabins.  The RCI website only seems to show a few cabins (unless that means there are only a few left).

We are not ready to book yet as we don't know if people can get time off work being that it is so far away but I want to keep my eye on the cabins.

Any help appreciated.

Im not sure any one company will be able to see all cabin stock and Xmas cruises sell out early.  That might be why you can't see much.

My advice is to find out who is in ASAP then call Royal Caribbean.  They are most likely to see all stock and can usually recall cabin stock held by travel agencies if needed.

Get that firm commitment from all you friends first.

11 hours ago, Jatee said:

Thanks Ru2on, ill check out the website and will give RC a call to see what I can find out.  Thanks for your help.

Also I have read that logging into different countries RCI websites will show different availability and that RCI UK shows the most so possibly try royalcaribbean.co.uk and see what you can see. 

No idea if it’s accurate but it’s what I’ve read in the CC RCI forum - you could try posting your question there for some extra help

14 Dec 2019 - 9 nights - Celebrity Solstice
- Interior twin share $938pp
- Oceanview twin share $999pp
- Balcony twin share $1134pp
- Concierge Balcony twin share $1288pp
- Aqua Balcony twin share $1498pp

Sydney - Noumea - Mystery Island - Vila - Lifou - Sydney

Pity Im not back by then

Re Solstice - it is actually a little misleading.  I have just been on the website and done a reserved dummy booking for a guarantee ocean view, no perks, and it comes out at $1,198 per person.  I entered Balcony, and the price was $1,500 something, so a touch deceptive.  Still works out at $133 pp pn, which is ok for Solstice I guess, but these prices are not true.

Just booked the 29 night Golden Princess transpacific cruise from Sydney to Los Angeles on 8 April 2020. Inside cabins are $1679pp and OV cabins are $1737. Available through a major cruise consolidator in the US. Only downside is... that dirt cheap fare requires FULL PAYMENT up front... and is not changeable or refundable. As always taxes are extra... but throw in $250 OBC for military, and $250 OBC for shareholder... and THAT is a fantastic deal.

SL27OCT19
 Celebrity Solstice
 12 Nights
 Sydney to Auckland (via Hobart)
Departs Sydney
 Sun 27 Oct 201

$1,234 for balcony guarantee 

$949 inside

Edited by Ru2on
Add extra info
16 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

Just booked the 29 night Golden Princess transpacific cruise from Sydney to Los Angeles on 8 April 2020. Inside cabins are $1679pp and OV cabins are $1737. Available through a major cruise consolidator in the US. Only downside is... that dirt cheap fare requires FULL PAYMENT up front... and is not changeable or refundable. As always taxes are extra... but throw in $250 OBC for military, and $250 OBC for shareholder... and THAT is a fantastic deal.

As the cruise isn't an Australian round-trip, I think it's likely they will charge auto-gratuities and the 18% gratuity on drinks will apply. Is the on-board currency US$?

1 hour ago, willsaway said:

I found the site referred to by Gut, same same no different. Headline banner has balconies from $1199, but go one or two steps further and they jump to $1599ish

The cheap cabins (ones in the offer) may already be gone. They are normally limited in number and get taken quickly.

I just received an email advertising a flash sale by P&O. Cruises are all from Sydney and are available until Friday evening only. They include 3 night comedy cruises ($266 triple), 10 night to Vanuatu ($799 twin), one to Moreton Island ($399 quad), 14 night Singapore-Sydney $799 quad, 10 night Qld coast $799 quad.

hmmm

i thought i got a good deal,and i am savvy to bag   a 8 night princess 5 dec cruise

$1200 balcony p/p. 2 weeks ago.$150 per night

.today same cabin is $981at OZ website.  $123  per night.if you ring princess ,

do they give OBC for difference?i,m seeing quite a few marked down cruises this end of year.economy

must be hard.celebrity is going very cheap to nz and pacific too.hard to get bums on seats..make the most of it

book say  4 weeks out for ripper deals...

28 minutes ago, challis said:

i thought i got a good deal,and i am savvy to bag   a 8 night princess 5 dec cruise $1200 balcony p/p. 2 weeks ago.$150 per night. today same cabin is $981at OZ website.  $123  per night.if you ring princess , do they give OBC for difference? i,m seeing quite a few marked down cruises this end of year.economy  must be hard.celebrity is going very cheap to nz and pacific too.hard to get bums on seats..make the most of it   book say  4 weeks out for ripper deals...

You can try with Princess, but I doubt that you will be able to change the deal you have booked and I don't think they will give OBC.

I would be very interested in that deal you mention, but we will be on another cruise at that time.