Jump to content

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I was interested in this discussion as we will be stopping in Cairns in 2021. 

Itinerary for Carnival Spirit says Yorkeys Knob, but having a look at this  https://www.portsnorth.com.au/marine-tourism/cruise-ship-schedules/  Spirit is at Cairns Port for that date. Scrolling down you can see the Yorkeys Knob entries.

 

I would be happy to dock at Cairns for this one as it is a 3pm departure so makes for a short day.

Hello Chez. I too am interested, as we are in Cairns on 1st Feb 2020. P&O has use using Cairns and your link has Pacific Explorer going into the Port of Cairns. Short walk into town. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Hello Chez. I too am interested, as we are in Cairns on 1st Feb 2020. P&O has use using Cairns and your link has Pacific Explorer going into the Port of Cairns. Short walk into town. 🙂

 

The Sun class ships have always been able to get into Cairns. Pacific Dawn is not allowed to enter due to limitations in its propulsion system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a bit quiet here recently so here is a last minute if it suits.

 

Norwegian Jewel

Fri 14 - Fri 28 Feb (14 nights)

EMBARK Sydney, Burnie (Tasmania), Melbourne, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Akaroa, Wellington, DISEMBARK Sydney, Australia

Balcony Guarantee (Sailaway Balcony in their terminology)

A$1808 pp + A$300pp pre-paid Service charges.

 

On the cruise line's website.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All over facebook atm. 

REDEPLOYMENT OFFER - FREMANTLE TO SYDNEY on the Queen Mary 2

Departs 18 February 2020 for 17 nights

From Perth (Fremantle) to Sydney for 17 nights via Darwin, Yorkey's Knob, Airlie Beach and Brisbane.

From $949 per person twin share Interior Cabin, less than $50 per day

Interior from $949 per person twin share

Outside from $1049 per person twin share

Balcony from $1349 per person twin share

Queens Grill from $3499 per person twin share

For further information contact:

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, andlep said:

All over facebook atm. 

REDEPLOYMENT OFFER - FREMANTLE TO SYDNEY on the Queen Mary 2

Departs 18 February 2020 for 17 nights

From Perth (Fremantle) to Sydney for 17 nights via Darwin, Yorkey's Knob, Airlie Beach and Brisbane.

Ok, so I'm trying to do some quick research on this one for my parents. They are keen to book it. They've done 50+ cruises but never been on Cunard, usually Princess or Celebrity.

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

Any other tips or things I might be missing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mum and son said:

Ok, so I'm trying to do some quick research on this one for my parents. They are keen to book it. They've done 50+ cruises but never been on Cunard, usually Princess or Celebrity.

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

Any other tips or things I might be missing?

Sorry I don't know many details. Have a look at travel agents that love to cruise or maybe you like to cruise first ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mum and son said:

Ok, so I'm trying to do some quick research on this one for my parents. They are keen to book it. They've done 50+ cruises but never been on Cunard, usually Princess or Celebrity.

Daily grats on Cunard??

Taking wine onboard??

Any other tips or things I might be missing?

I have read that passengers can take wine onto Cunard and are charged corkage. However I don't know if that charge applies if they drink the wine in their cabin, rather than taking it to the dining room.

 

I don't know about daily grats.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we have been on Cunard, there has been a welcoming bottle (half bottle size) of chilled bubbly wine awaiting you in your room. Last time it was prosecco.

 Gratuities were added daily to your account then and per person.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay we all love a bargain and I suspect there is going to be a few bargains coming up. Can I request that when we see it we use this thread rather than starting a stand alone thread. it make it easier for everyone to compare the bargains as they come rather than scrolling looking for various threads. 

 

Couple of Bargains:

 

[ 26
Sydney to Papeete
 Friday 28th February 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 21 Nights
 Norwegian Jewel
 
 Twin From $1,504 pp
 Quad From $2,053 pp
 
 
 
[ 17
South Pacific / Fiji
 Sunday 22nd March 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 12 Nights
 Carnival Splendor
 Up To $100 Onboard Credit*
 Twin From $989 pp
 Quad From $841 pp
 
[ 2
New Zealand Discovery
 Thursday 2nd April 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 14 Nights
 ms Noordam
 
 Twin From $1,275 pp
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

[ 6

Tasmania
 Thursday 26th March 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 6 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $599 pp
 Quad From $325 pp
 
[ 6
New Zealand
 Wednesday 1st April 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 11 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $999 pp
 Quad From $525 pp
 
[ 6
Australia Circumnavigation
 Sunday 12th April 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 27 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,799 pp
 Single From $1,999 pp
 
[ 6
Sydney to Vancouver
 Saturday 9th May 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 25 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,799 pp
 Single From $2,199 pp
 
[ 6
Sydney to San Francisco
 Saturday 9th May 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 22 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,699 pp
 Quad From $945 pp
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

[ 6

Tasmania
 Thursday 26th March 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 6 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $599 pp
 Quad From $325 pp
 
[ 6
New Zealand
 Wednesday 1st April 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 11 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $999 pp
 Quad From $525 pp
 
[ 6
Australia Circumnavigation
 Sunday 12th April 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 27 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,799 pp
 Single From $1,999 pp
 
[ 6
Sydney to Vancouver
 Saturday 9th May 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 25 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,799 pp
 Single From $2,199 pp
 
[ 6
Sydney to San Francisco
 Saturday 9th May 2020
Departing Sydney  
[Cruise Map]
 22 Nights
 Queen Elizabeth
 
Just Released  Just Released
 Twin From $1,699 pp
 Quad From $945 pp

Thanks for listing these bargain cruises in Australia on Cunard.  After years of seeing last minute bargain cruises offered overseas, it is great to see last minute bargain cruises offered in Australia.  I hope they fill the ship with new passengers yet to experience Cunard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many Brits have flown home from the Cunard Worldies, hence the deals - fill the cabins !!

 

Just remember to take your jacket and tie.  No Bogans please.😂

 

And don't tell the Brits doing the world cruises what you paid to get onboard, they don't appreciate it at all, speaking from experience when we did QM2 - Sydney to HK a couple of years ago, some Aussies on board let it be known the prices they paid, bit of a furore.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Many Brits have flown home from the Cunard Worldies, hence the deals - fill the cabins !!

 

Just remember to take your jacket and tie.  No Bogans please.😂

 

And don't tell the Brits doing the world cruises what you paid to get onboard, they don't appreciate it at all, speaking from experience when we did QM2 - Sydney to HK a couple of years ago, some Aussies on board let it be known the prices they paid, bit of a furore.

Cruises are offered by a UK Travel Agent, so UK locals will know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...