Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Many Brits have flown home from the Cunard Worldies, hence the deals - fill the cabins !!

 

Just remember to take your jacket and tie.  No Bogans please.😂

 

And don't tell the Brits doing the world cruises what you paid to get onboard, they don't appreciate it at all, speaking from experience when we did QM2 - Sydney to HK a couple of years ago, some Aussies on board let it be known the prices they paid, bit of a furore.

This is so true. Whilst on QV a couple of years ago. I heard some Brits around the pool discussing how could so many Australians afford to be on this particular voyage!🙈🙈🙈🙈 It was certainly the discussion in the laundry room!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not so great really.

Why do you think that Mic? I thought they were excellent prices for most if not all of the cruises listed. The one we are hoping to book is close to  $2700 per person less than the same one next year, only a couple of months earlier.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Why do you think that Mic? I thought they were excellent prices for most if not all of the cruises listed. The one we are hoping to book is close to  $2700 per person less than the same one next year, only a couple of months earlier.

 

Leigh

 

I suppose they are okay, just not good enough for me to cancel something else to do these, or try and fit something extra in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

 

I suppose they are okay, just not good enough for me to cancel something else to do these, or try and fit something extra in.

We are retired so can get away almost any time we want to and as we don't have anything planned for the winter months, it is quite an opportunity to book one of these cruises. Also we haven't been to Perth before so we plan to spend some time there before cruise (if we manage to book what we want).

 

Leigh 

Edited by possum52
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not so great really.

 

25 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Why do you think that Mic? I thought they were excellent prices for most if not all of the cruises listed. The one we are hoping to book is close to  $2700 per person less than the same one next year, only a couple of months earlier.

 

Leigh

 

Hi all,

 

Do you have the Sapphire prices? I've secured a cheap 6 nighter on QE - and with Jetstar super sale today I snagged cheap flights too, but I'm looking for something later in the year on Sapphire as well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, possum52 said:

We are retired so can get away almost any time we want to and as we don't have anything planned for the winter months, it is quite an opportunity to book one of these cruises. Also we haven't been to Perth before so we plan to spend some time there before cruise (if we manage to book what we want).

 

Leigh 

Give yourself some time to explore Margaret river as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mum and son said:

 

 

Hi all,

 

Do you have the Sapphire prices? I've secured a cheap 6 nighter on QE - and with Jetstar super sale today I snagged cheap flights too, but I'm looking for something later in the year on Sapphire as well.

 

 

Try the Sapphire Princess Staying in Oz 2020 thread on this board post #98 - there is a link with all the cruises and prices.

 

These cruises are from May through to October.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Try the Sapphire Princess Staying in Oz 2020 thread on this board post #98 - there is a link with all the cruises and prices.

 

These cruises are from May through to October.

 

Leigh

Awesome - thanks Leigh 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, icat2000 said:

Tempting but I gonna wait on Sapphire deals next week. 

Good morning Sarah, we have communicated previously, I am Erin

we are booked on the QE for circumnavigation, I want to start a new roll call for 12/4

There is an old one for 11/4 all going to Asia

I can’t find any info telling me how to do this

Are you able help me please 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjacat8 said:

Good morning Sarah, we have communicated previously, I am Erin

we are booked on the QE for circumnavigation, I want to start a new roll call for 12/4

There is an old one for 11/4 all going to Asia

I can’t find any info telling me how to do this

Are you able help me please 🤞🤞🤞🤞

You might need to make the thread yourselves. Or wait a couple of days until someone makes one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks

 

We just booked on QE for April 1st North Island of New Zealand trip ,,, 11 nights

 

Air:
Yes
Yes
Yes
 
 
 
Air City:
Melbourne
Melbourne
Melbourne
 
 
 
PRICING DETAILS
 
 
 
 
 
 
All amounts are quoted in
 
Australian Dollars
.
 
 
 
 
 
Cruise
:
 2,633.18
 2,633.18
 
 
 
 5,266.36
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses
:
  115.82
  115.82
  115.82
 
 
  347.46
Total Fare
:
 2,749.00
 2,749.00
  115.82
 
 
 5,613.82
Total Amount Received:
 5,613.82
Net Due:
0.00
Payment Details
Booking is paid in full.
 
 
So $5613.82 for Three persons for the 11 days cruise including return air from Melbourne   this is for a Penthouse suite in queens grill 
 
Am I right in thinking that this was a rather good deal??
 
 
What do you think
 
Regards
 
John
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

What price does a cruise have to be in Australian dollars to be considered a El Cheapo cruise deal ...deal!!!

 

From reading the last 3 pages of this Forum my feeling is $80 per night per person.

 

The Australian prices appear to be inclusive of Gratuities and all taxes and charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amatuercruiser said:

What price does a cruise have to be in Australian dollars to be considered a El Cheapo cruise deal

 

Everybody has their own opinion on this, but for me $80 pp for a Princess Inside cabin is not just El Cheapo, it's El Stealo.

 

To me El Cheapo for an Inside per day is:

$100 for Carnival and P&O Oz

$120 for Princess, HAL and RCI

$140 for Celebrity and Cunard

 

Of course, recent prices have blown all that out of the water. 😁

 

1 hour ago, amatuercruiser said:

The Australian prices appear to be inclusive of Gratuities and all taxes and charges.

 

Yes they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

Everybody has their own opinion on this, but for me $80 pp for a Princess Inside cabin is not just El Cheapo, it's El Stealo.

 

To me El Cheapo for an Inside per day is:

$100 for Carnival and P&O Oz

$120 for Princess, HAL and RCI

$140 for Celebrity and Cunard

 

Of course, recent prices have blown all that out of the water. 😁

 

 

Yes they are.

Thanks for the qualification.

 

My plan is to buy Carnival shares and get the shareholder OBC on any Carnival cruises i take.

 

HAL

P&O

Carnival

Princes

Costa

 

I plan to in the beginning of my cruise travels to just go on the cheapest next cruise irrespective of Cruise line until i have tried them all.

 

I heard MSC has been offering the best bare bones value for money cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amatuercruiser said:

Thanks for the qualification.

 

My plan is to buy Carnival shares and get the shareholder OBC on any Carnival cruises i take.

 

HAL

P&O

Carnival

Princes

Costa

 

I plan to in the beginning of my cruise travels to just go on the cheapest next cruise irrespective of Cruise line until i have tried them all.

 

I heard MSC has been offering the best bare bones value for money cruises.

 

With regard to buying shares in Carnival to get the shareholder OBC, keep in mind that the granting of this is renewed every year at the AGM of Carnival. It is not set in stone, and if Carnival takes a hit financially, as I think they will, it may be revoked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, amatuercruiser said:

Thanks for the qualification.

 

My plan is to buy Carnival shares and get the shareholder OBC on any Carnival cruises i take.

 

HAL

P&O

Carnival

Princes

Costa

 

I plan to in the beginning of my cruise travels to just go on the cheapest next cruise irrespective of Cruise line until i have tried them all.

 

I heard MSC has been offering the best bare bones value for money cruises.


Good luck.

The granting of the shareholder OBC does rely on Carnival making a profit , and if you book these real bargains you would do far better than any OBC  , without having to outlay thousands of dollars on shares that could plummet in value if ships have to be laid up ,or they are run at a loss .

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, only buy them if you

A) can afford too, and

B) want to invest as a long term investment that provides a good yield each year as well as possibly providing the OBC perk.

That said, now is a fairly good time to buy them, the price has dropped to low $40s..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree, only buy them if you

A) can afford too, and

B) want to invest as a long term investment that provides a good yield each year as well as possibly providing the OBC perk.

That said, now is a fairly good time to buy them, the price has dropped to low $40s..

 

Though keep in mind last downturn they fell to about $15.00 You could lose a lot more than you gain in OBC...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...