El Cheapo Cruises Thread

12 hours ago, drsel said:

I read on another Aus thread that Australia will not open for foreign tourists till mid 2022.

If so, Carnival and Princess will have to cancel their cruises

I doubt the big ships will even arrive in this region before then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 7:23 AM, NSWP said:

I would have a crack at that one.

Princess just cancelled all Royal Princess Australia Cruises upto March 2022.

I asked my agent to shift mine to the identical replacement cruise that Princess offered in 2023, at the same price with the same OBC.

she has requested the shift, but she said it will take a long time.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Princess just cancelled all Royal Princess Australia Cruises upto March 2022.

I asked my agent to shift mine to the identical replacement cruise that Princess offered in 2023, at the same price with the same OBC.

she has requested the shift, but she said it will take a long time.

My replacement cruises were emailed to me yesterday. I was allocated the same cabin/stateroom. This was 6 days after I selected Option 1. Quicker than the last cancellations! Princess is getting very good re-booking, especially after all the practice they have with multiple cancellations. 😁

On 9/29/2021 at 4:37 AM, By The Bay said:

My replacement cruises were emailed to me yesterday. I was allocated the same cabin/stateroom. This was 6 days after I selected Option 1. Quicker than the last cancellations! Princess is getting very good re-booking, especially after all the practice they have with multiple cancellations. 😁

My agent requested the shift 4 days back This is what my agent said --

''I submitted the form to Princess to move you to the 2023 sailing.  It could take several weeks before it is completed.  Once complete I will send you an updated invoice.  They will protect the cruise fare and discount and any on board credit you have but the taxes will change.  They do not protect them.  Any questions please let me know.''

Just now when I checked my Booking No. on princess.com, I got this message

Our records indicate that a request has already been submitted for this booking and additional requests cannot be accepted. If you wish to change your selection, please contact us at the appropriate office:

• 1-800-774-6237 (North America)
  • 0344 338 8663 (UK)
  • 13 24 88 (Australia)
  • 0800 780 717 (New Zealand)

Now I am waiting for Carnival to cancel Aus cruises in Feb-Mar 2022 & offer a similar replacement cruise with the same hugely discounted fare & AUD 900 OBC, since Aus borders are likely to remain closed till late 2022

Edited by drsel

4 hours ago, drsel said:

My agent requested the shift 4 days back This is what my agent said --

''I submitted the form to Princess to move you to the 2023 sailing.  It could take several weeks before it is completed.  Once complete I will send you an updated invoice.  They will protect the cruise fare and discount and any on board credit you have but the taxes will change.  They do not protect them.  Any questions please let me know.''

I gave up using TA's when I was given the run around and not a full refund. I now deal direct with the cruise lines.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Now I am waiting for Carnival to cancel Aus cruises in Feb-Mar 2022 & offer a similar replacement cruise with the same hugely discounted fare & AUD 900 OBC, since Aus borders are likely to remain closed till late 2022

Seems our borders may be opening soon for international visitors but likely too late for 21/22 cruise season.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/next-steps-reopen-world

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I gave up using TA's when I was given the run around and not a full refund. I now deal direct with the cruise lines.

I use TAs for the 8--10% discount given by them on the basic fare.

This is relevant for those who want to save money on the El Cheapo cruises thread.

Edited by drsel

1 minute ago, drsel said:

I use TAs for the 8--10% discount given by them on the basic fare.

This is relevant for those who want to save money on the El Cheapos thread.

I used to do that also, not now. Each to his own.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Seems our borders may be opening soon for international visitors but likely too late for 21/22 cruise season.

Thanks, please keep us updated about which nationalities are allowed to enter Australia and when.

Although Princess has cancelled some Australia Cruises upto March 2022 their parent company Carnival has not.

Edited by drsel

On 10/2/2021 at 8:45 AM, lyndarra said:

The current plan (which is still very vague) only covers Australian citizens and residents.  There's no mention of when others will be allowed to travel to Australia. 

As you say, too late for the 21/22 cruise season for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Carnival is having a 48 hour sale. If only we knew that the ships were coming and the borders don't slam shut.😕

image.png.1cd1dea931f0cc350bdf08d7ccda68c9.png

The above are only 2 day (or two nights? party cruises?  I would not call them a bargain, expensive in my view, to be fair.