Jump to content

El Cheapo Cruises Thread


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m seeing it for $1,199 on the P&O site. 

Less $424pp on the go fare, but it has been showing as sold out for most of the day anyway. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

Bait & switch? It is waitlisted.

Not at all i saw deal on Saturday and held cabin but was already booked and fully paid. TA on Saturday said there was a lot of cabin availability but on Monday P&O would not honour the lower price as final payment was made .😥 my held cabin will cancel today..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

P&O are having another flash sale. Some itineraries are below $100/person/night for an interior cabin. 

Yep saw that. They NEED to be cheap as they P&O are charging for so much these days. I bought my Encounter cheapy interior in a previous Flash Sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Yep saw that. They NEED to be cheap as they P&O are charging for so much these days. I bought my Encounter cheapy interior in a previous Flash Sale.

Yeah, I wasn’t over impressed with all the additional charges when we sailed with them in 2019. I had to keep reminding myself how cheap the cruise fare was. We’ll see how we go sailing with them this year on the back of Carnival, HAL, and Princess. It think it will be a case of go with the flow and it is what it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Princess have a "Seas the Day" sale on until the 16th June.

 

Inside fares per person:

$299, Oct 8th, 3 day Sydney/Eden/Sydney Cruise

$299, Jan 24th, 3 day Adelaide/KI/Melbourne

$1499, Dec 8th, 13 day Sydney/Fiji/Sydney

$1499, Jan 16th, 13 day Sydney/NZ/Auckland

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Princess have a "Seas the Day" sale on until the 16th June.

 

Inside fares per person:

$299, Oct 8th, 3 day Sydney/Eden/Sydney Cruise

$299, Jan 24th, 3 day Adelaide/KI/Melbourne

$1499, Dec 8th, 13 day Sydney/Fiji/Sydney

$1499, Jan 16th, 13 day Sydney/NZ/Auckland

 

Cheap as chips.  The more you cruise the more you save. (on the above ones, that is.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Princess have a "Seas the Day" sale on until the 16th June.

 

Inside fares per person:

$299, Oct 8th, 3 day Sydney/Eden/Sydney Cruise

$299, Jan 24th, 3 day Adelaide/KI/Melbourne

$1499, Dec 8th, 13 day Sydney/Fiji/Sydney

$1499, Jan 16th, 13 day Sydney/NZ/Auckland

 

In the case of 8th October, these are plus fares (including beverage package & internet).  The basic price for an inside is $199pp. I am tempted as an anniversary cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Princess have a "Seas the Day" sale on until the 16th June.

 

Inside fares per person:

$299, Oct 8th, 3 day Sydney/Eden/Sydney Cruise

$299, Jan 24th, 3 day Adelaide/KI/Melbourne

$1499, Dec 8th, 13 day Sydney/Fiji/Sydney

$1499, Jan 16th, 13 day Sydney/NZ/Auckland

 

Hmmm, Princess updated the 8th October one while I was looking at it. For that one, it is the base price, and they are only showing Princess Plus for mini suites, which are a fair jump in price.

 

I reload again, and they do have Princess Plus for $649pp (an extra $120 per night each). I think I will leave it a few hours and see what shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

P&O have ANOTHER Flash Sale on at the moment.

Some deals to be had if you’re happy with an inside cabin. 

I am on the way, lol. Just have to get my dinner suit clean for formal nights..

2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am on the way, lol. Just have to get my dinner suit clean for formal nights..

2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg

 

That looks flash enough for a flash sale cruise.

 

Or as they used to say - smarter than a pox doctor's clerk.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am on the way, lol. Just have to get my dinner suit clean for formal nights..

2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg

 

 

43 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That looks flash enough for a flash sale cruise.

 

Or as they used to say - smarter than a pox doctor's clerk.


As flash as a rat 🐀 with a gold tooth 🦷!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Pulled the trigger today on what I thought is a good deal. Sydney/Singapore 16 days Westerdam o/v 3/1/2023. $2500 including return flight.

Great deal that. Is the $2500 for solo or twin share?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean have a free balcony upgrade promotion at the moment. 
Basically it’s guarantee balcony cabins for the same price as oceanview for saplings from Australian ports until April 2023. Check the fine print here. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/terms-and-conditions/promotions?country=AUS
 

This cruise looks to me to be the best deal. 

 

10 Night South Pacific Cruise

Quantum of the Seas sailing from Brisbane on Sun, Nov 27 2022

Interior $837

Balcony $931

That’s $93/person/night for a balcony!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a T-shirt which says, "I have no Cruise Control - They just seem to book themselves!” I’m starting to believe it. 

Going through my usual agent I picked up 8 nights to the Islands out of Brisbane next February. $1,721.70 for the two of us in a guarantee balcony cabin after I applied my Crown & Anchor discount. That’s about $107.60/person/day!

 

Why wouldn’t I book it?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I have a T-shirt which says, "I have no Cruise Control - They just seem to book themselves!” I’m starting to believe it. 

Going through my usual agent I picked up 8 nights to the Islands out of Brisbane next February. $1,721.70 for the two of us in a guarantee balcony cabin after I applied my Crown & Anchor discount. That’s about $107.60/person/day!

 

Why wouldn’t I book it?

I must admit I am a tad disappointed. It seems that P&O hasn't had a flash sale going for at least a week now. 😉

 

Is that price auto-tips inclusive?  It is a good deal, but does that include the possibility of an obstructed balcony? I am tempted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

10 Night South Pacific Cruise

Quantum of the Seas sailing from Brisbane on Sun, Nov 27 2022

Interior $837

Balcony $931

That’s $93/person/night for a balcony!

 

Solo pricing on this one is excellent. Will I...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I must admit I am a tad disappointed. It seems that P&O hasn't had a flash sale going for at least a week now. 😉

 

Is that price auto-tips inclusive?  It is a good deal, but does that include the possibility of an obstructed balcony? I am tempted.


It’s almost easier to say when P&O does not have a flash sale! 🤣

I did, however, manage to get very good pricing our upcoming B2B P&O cruises in one of the flash sales. 
 

I'm assuming gratuities are included, they usually are for RCI when purchased in Australia. I’ll have to check but it’s still a good deal IMHO even if they’re not. 
 

We're fully expecting it to be an obstructed balcony. It’s still a step up from our usual inferior (I mean, interior) cabin like we had on Coral Princess last week. In fact, this is the 5th upcoming cruise we have booked and they are all balcony cabins! I asked DW if we are turning into balcony people?😱

 

4 hours ago, B'Elanna said:

 

Solo pricing on this one is excellent. Will I...?


Go on, do it! 😁

 

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

I hope it goes, but at the moment it's still a hypothetical cruise.


Aren’t all cruises hypothetical until they sail? 🤷‍♂️
We've booked a 10 night cruise on Pacific Encounter to PNG booked for October. I would be surprised if that itinerary doesn’t change. DW twisted my arm as I’m not really a fan of P&O but she wanted to go to PNG. I’m sure I'll cope whatever happens. I’m just happy to be cruising again and making up for lost time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...