El Cheapo Cruises Thread

That is really strange. Best I can get for the March one is $3600 - logged in, inside, they choose room, no packages For the Christmas one, best of $4900, slightly better than Sinbad, but I am letting them assign the cabin.

I haven't known them to do state/regional pricing here, but you never know. Snag it while you can.

Yep snatch it @icat2000 cause for me, the Christmas Cruise is same as Sinbad (interior Princess standard, per person cost), and the New Zealand cruise in March again is same as Sinbad (interior Princess Standard, per person cost) and I live in Melbourne.  May-be your country regional address?   May-be because you are not booked for anything, they are trying to reel you in?   Good luck.

32 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Yep snatch it @icat2000 cause for me, the Christmas Cruise is same as Sinbad (interior Princess standard, per person cost), and the New Zealand cruise in March again is same as Sinbad (interior Princess Standard, per person cost) and I live in Melbourne.  May-be your country regional address?   May-be because you are not booked for anything, they are trying to reel you in?   Good luck.

It could be that and I'm holding onto FCC that need to be used up too. There the cruise following it for 7 nights for $699 pp. I booked that too 🙂 I couldn't select the same room, but same area I booked that one too 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valantine80 said:

They also have 14 day Brisbane to New Zealand $1399 for standard inside sailing 2nd Jan 2023.

I would love to know how you get to see these deals. That comes up as $2398 for me. 😭

OK, a few minutes later and I check again and the NZ prices are still as they were, but the Nov 17 PNG cruise has dropped to $1199. I'm sure it was much higher a few minutes ago.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

15 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I would love to know how you get to see these deals. That comes up as $2398 for me. 😭

OK, a few minutes later and I check again and the NZ prices are still as they were, but the Nov 17 PNG cruise has dropped to $1199. I'm sure it was much higher a few minutes ago.

I get the sense they are balancing between "need to move cabins" and "we have sold enough cabins for now". Apart from that, it is just a jumble. We booked a shortie on Majestic a few days ago for February, found a great price, then it got better so rushed an email to our T/A and it got even better again.

I remember the days when brochure fares were set in concrete for months unless they were well undersold.

32 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

$2398 pp? 

12 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

$2398 pp? 

Yep.

I never saw any of those prices described. I looked both logged in and not logged in. On 3 different browsers across 2 PCs.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a special cookie which I don't have.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Still showing $1399 for 14 night NZ cruise when logged in just now and is AUD

It was actually an email from my cruise planner at Princess that alerted me to the cheap fares. Then I went online and booked them. If I had waited until Monday to contact her I would have missed the fares.  I still need them to apply my FCC to the first cruise. The second I just pay the deposit. Maybe they can fix up cabins so we have the same one. Not too fussed if we have to shift as its only two doors down.

Edited by icat2000

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Enjoy the cruises, it looks like you have a good cruise planner. 😀

Princess just assigned her to me. She sends me emails all the time. I guess maybe cause I'm Elite. And she knows I've be hogging FCC that have to be booked before Xmas and sail by August 2023.

If she going to send me prompting emails like that I might start using her 🙂 Though, I prefer to hold the cabin on Princess website straight away. Cruise planners, TAs can be too slow to respond and sometimes the deal gone.

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

Princess just assigned her to me. She sends me emails all the time. I guess maybe cause I'm Elite. And she knows I've be hogging FCC that have to be booked before Xmas and sail by August 2023.

If she going to send me prompting emails like that I might start using her 🙂 Though, I prefer to hold the cabin on Princess website straight away. Cruise planners, TAs can be too slow to respond and sometimes the deal gone.

Once you log into Princess and start looking at cruises or doing dummy bookings, you are tracked and the Princess Cruise personal planners send you E mails. Well they do with me anyway.

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Once you log into Princess and start looking at cruises or doing dummy bookings, you are tracked and the Princess Cruise personal planners send you E mails. Well they do with me anyway.

I received a system generated email with those offers, not from my cruise planner, who I have not used as yet and  I am still seeing those cheap fares when I logged in a short time ago.