• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Coral Princess - Panama

Koshlong

Does the Coral Princess do a partial transit of the Panama Canal or does it just visit Colon and run excursions from there?

Yes, lots of them 10 and 11 nights RT Ft. Lauderdale on both the Coral and Island Princess. Check the Princess web site. You enter the the locks and go through into Gatun Lake. After sitting in Gatun Lake for a while the ship exits back out of the locks and docks at Colon for 3 or 4 hours. Anyone that wishes to take a tour exits by tender in Gatun Lake. Only those on Princess tours may exit the ship. There are no tours once docked in Colon.

Thank you. That's just what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to choose between the Coral Princess and the Zuiderdam, and that would have been a deal breaker.

Does the Coral Princess do a partial transit of the Panama Canal or does it just visit Colon and run excursions from there?

I did a partial in March (11 days) on the Coral. I also did a LIVE. Do a search if you like, if of course the mechanism is working for you. It isn't for me or I'd give you a link.

Thanks for your help. On the "travel agency site" I used it showed Gatun Lake on the Zuiderdam itinerary, but didn't give that info for Coral Princess. I'd noticed that others, like Celebrity and RCI, didn't actually enter the Canal. I figured that Princess ships would, but it wasn't clear.

I did a partial in March (11 days) on the Coral. I also did a LIVE. Do a search if you like, if of course the mechanism is working for you. It isn't for me or I'd give you a link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015427&page=5

Here is a link to Pia1913's LIVE.

(I read on another thread to try clicking on the avatar instead of username and it worked for me.)

We are booked on our first Princess cruises both are partial Panama Canal transits. As was posted, the ship, either Coral or Island Princess goes to Lake Gatun and turns around. I'm really excited about taking the excursion to the Pacific.

Right now there are some really good discounts for the April 1, 2015 11 night sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015427&page=5

Here is a link to Pia1913's LIVE.

(I read on another thread to try clicking on the avatar instead of username and it worked for me.)

Thanks for putting up the link (somehow it begins on page 5, so if anybody is interested, you can go back and start at the beginning).

Clicking avatar works only if it works, which for now does not on my computer (s). Three different search engines and nada. This too shall pass. It has happened before.