• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ruby Princess cabin

DRS/NC

Yes, it is. On this class of ship, all balconies on the side of the ship on Lido, Riviera, Aloha, and Baja decks are covered (and are about 9x5). On Caribe, they're half-covered, half-open (9x9). And on Dolphin, they're completely open (9x7).

6340082583_ef438629ea.jpg

The above is a picture of the Ruby I took. Baja deck is the third deck down from Lido. Looks like a covered balcony. The Caribe balconies one deck below are nice because they are larger and are half covered.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Yes, it is. On this class of ship, all balconies on the side of the ship on Lido, Riviera, Aloha, and Baja decks are covered (and are about 9x5). On Caribe, they're half-covered, half-open (9x9). And on Dolphin, they're completely open (9x7).

And they have OV's.

• 4 weeks later...

I am relatively new to the Princess line only having sailed with them once before. I've been reading through the posts on aft balconies. Can someone confirm that C753 would be a god choice for an aft balcony? We were offered a mini suite but I like the idea of the aft view.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am relatively new to the Princess line only having sailed with them once before. I've been reading through the posts on aft balconies. Can someone confirm that C753 would be a god choice for an aft balcony? We were offered a mini suite but I like the idea of the aft view.

Yes its great!

It is a great location, but 2 things you might want to consider about that location .....

1) vibration is common back there anytime the engines are running ..... would that affect your ability to fall asleep? I had a cabin 2 decks above where you would be and felt the vibration every night, but lucky for me, it did not keep me from sleeping. Some say it really is a problem for them.

2) would the noise from the wake while at sea and churning along at 20 or so knots be bothersome while relaxing on your balcony? If you are sensitive to a continuous noise, it could be a potential issue.

This is the cabin we have booked for our Canada/NE cruise in three weeks. Will be our first time on Ruby and in one of these primo aft balcony cabins - can't wait!

Thank you for all of the responses. Super excited about getting this room for our June 14, 2015 cruise to Alaska. We've always wanted an aft balcony but never willing to spend the extra $. With the recent price drop on this itinerary it was cheaper than our original balcony and we still came out $200 less than the original fare.