• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

JFK to port

Kitt Grey

I will be flying in the 27th the day of my cruise at 1130ish to JFK. While doing the Carnival tranportation to the cruise is a possibility I am looking at other options as well.

How much is taxi or shuttle service and how long a trip is it?

I also will be looking at private transportation back to airport after as I have an earlier than I would like flight out.

The taxi fare between JFK and anywhere in Manhattan is set at at a flat rate of $52.50 (for the vehicle, not per person), plus tolls and tip.

You can also reserve car service. You will be quoted a flat fare (plus tolls and tip). Two of the larger car services in NY are:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

You can choose from the same options for the return trip to JFK.

Travel time can be very variable due to traffic conditions. Figure on an hour or more.

FWIW, you're really cutting it close with a scheduled 11:30 arrival at JFK. A flight delay could mean missing your cruise (cruise lines may close check in about 90 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time in order to meet the DHS deadline of one hour prior to sailing for submitting the final passenger manifest).