• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Wine coupon? And wine in cabin?

Orygungirl

A recent review states that all Latitudes members get 15% discount coons for wine on the Sun and you can print as many as you like. Is this true? If so, where in the world would you print them? I don't plan on using the internet pkg and I sure haven't gotten any coupons in my email.

Another question...I have gotten bottles in the MDR before and had them save the remainder for another night, but can I take it back to my cabin? I am visualizing myself sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine watching Alaska go by. :D

A recent review states that all Latitudes members get 15% discount coons for wine on the Sun and you can print as many as you like. Is this true? If so, where in the world would you print them? I don't plan on using the internet pkg and I sure haven't gotten any coupons in my email.

Another question...I have gotten bottles in the MDR before and had them save the remainder for another night, but can I take it back to my cabin? I am visualizing myself sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine watching Alaska go by. :D

Sorry but I've searched the Latitudes Rewards and don't find anything referring to a discount on wine. I did see that once you reach Platinum you receive a free bottle of wine with a free dinner at LeBistro/pp. What I can tell you is that if you enjoy wine, you might like the Viva Vino wine packages which starts with 4 bottles, lowest grade wine, for only $88 and goes up from there. (6 or 8 bottle packages most expensive being $216/package) + 15% gratuity.

If you purchase either a bottle or a pkg. you are free to take your bottle with you, along with glasses. :D

While these prices are close there may have been some increases but this was as of Dec. 2013.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

* Never heard of these coupons - and we drink lots of wine

* You can buy wine at any bar or restaurant, and take to your room, to another bar, to a show, whatever you want. Same for bottle or glass.

Can you provide a link to that "deal"?

I am not familiar with that coupon. Sounds too good to be true.

You may take a bottle back to your cabin.

Another option, you could carry on a bottle (or more) of your favorite wine. You'll have to pay $15 per bottle corkage (even if you uncork it yourself in your own cabin), but you'll have your favorite wine at your fingertips.

Thanks for the help, y'all. Some further questions.

What I can tell you is that if you enjoy wine, you might like the Viva Vino wine packages which starts with 4 bottles, lowest grade wine, for only $88 and goes up from there. (6 or 8 bottle packages most expensive being $216/package) + 15% gratuity.

I've seen several references to this wine package, but sure can't find it online. Is it offered once we are on the ship?

Another option, you could carry on a bottle (or more) of your favorite wine. You'll have to pay $15 per bottle corkage (even if you uncork it yourself in your own cabin), but you'll have your favorite wine at your fingertips.

I have considered this, and found several places to purchase wine near Canada Place. do I need to bring my own corkscrew if I want to drink it in my cabin?

I've seen several references to this wine package, but sure can't find it online. Is it offered once we are on the ship?

I have considered this, and found several places to purchase wine near Canada Place. do I need to bring my own corkscrew if I want to drink it in my cabin?

The wine package is offered on the ship. You'll find a table showing the various wines in the atrium area the first few days of the cruise. You fill out a form and will get certificates to redeem at restaurants or bars when you want the wine. You can either take leftovers back to your cabin or leave it with them until you want it.

You won't have to take a corkscrew with you. Just ask your room steward. He or she will give you a corkscrew and, if you ask, wine glasses. You'll get a sticker on the wine bottles when you board the ship, and then you will be able to take the wine to any restaurant or bar and have them open it for you if you don't want to open it in your room.

I believe the room steward will find a wine opener for you if you ask, but generally we have one with us. sometimes bottle of wine and some cheese finds its way to the pre cruise hotel room, too, so it seems worthwhile to carry a compact one (actually that one was gift from a different cruise line...hint, hint, NCL, we'd like an NCL replacement, if you happen to read the thread).

we did buy wine near Canada Place before a past cruise...worked well.

Edited by Starry Eyes

The wine package you buy onboard is good, assuming you drink at least 4 during the week.

I could force myself :+)

The wine package is offered on the ship. You'll find a table showing the various wines in the atrium area the first few days of the cruise. You fill out a form and will get certificates to redeem at restaurants or bars when you want the wine. You can either take leftovers back to your cabin or leave it with them until you want it.

You won't have to take a corkscrew with you.

Sounds a lot handier than lugging some with me.

Do they sell those wine packages on all their ships? We are sailing on the Jewel the end of January out of Houston. Sounds like a good deal!!

I think they do, at least on all other ships than Pride of America in Hawaii.

THE VIVA VINO WINE PACKAGE - - -

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

* Never heard of these coupons - and we drink lots of wine

* You can buy wine at any bar or restaurant, and take to your room, to another bar, to a show, whatever you want. Same for bottle or glass.

Can you provide a link to that "deal"?

We do the same. We get one of the wine packages and just pick up a bottle here and there at the nearest bar to our cabin.

I have never heard of such a coupon either.

cork screw: nope, NCL will provide you with one, just ask your cabin steward. As for the wine package, a table will be set up in the atrium the first afternoon. One of he first things we do is order our wine...just look for the most crowded table and you will know that's the wine sellers or is it cellars?

They don't offer the wine package on the Pride of America?!?!? That is so sad. :(

POA sails under US flag and therefore there are a lot of regulations about alcohol sales onboard - that is the reason why the UBP is not offered either.

Edited by Demonyte

Do all 4 bottles need to be the same or can you mix up the selections as long as they are in the same price group??

Yes, you can mix.

I believe all the ships in regular NCL do this - POA is part of NCL America and lots of things are different there.