Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Anyone know how the steam/sauna set up is on the Royal Princess? I know it's not free. Is it coed?

Ā 

Not been on the Royal Princess but I understand that they have followed the trend of only having single sex areas and making you pay. Not sure this is very popular, certainly not with us, so we avoid such ships.

Not been on the Royal Princess but I understand that they have followed the trend of only having single sex areas and making you pay. Not sure this is very popular, certainly not with us, so we avoid such ships.

Ā 

Ā 

OK to clarify what you're saying... "single sex areas" as in coed? as in one area for all sexes? Is that correct? Thanks.

OK to clarify what you're saying... "single sex areas" as in coed? as in one area for all sexes? Is that correct? Thanks.

Ā 

No, single sex means separate areas for men and women. I believe Royal Princess is co-ed, I've mixed.

Ā 

I see I've missed out a word from my original post, sorry. I meant to say that the trend is for mixed areas rather than single sex areas on the older ships.

Edited by waldorf

Millenium class ships tend to have a sauna in the locker room, with some showers but little space to take time out between sessions and no refreshments.

Ā 

The Solstice class ships again have an even smaller sauna in the locker room, a couple of showers and again no refreshments or anywhere to rest.

Ā 

Overall these areas are not great in my opinion but seem to be following a general move to pushing passengers to pay for these facilities in mixed areas.

Ā 

So far these areas remain free, you can pay for a pass for the mixed area.

Ā 

We've sailed on QM2, and I think it's one of the best spa facilities at sea. However, the large spa area of pools, steam, sauna, hot tub, etc are all coed, and are free only if you are having a spa treatment as well. Otherwise, you can buy a day pass or a pass for the entire trip (which is especially useful during a crossing). On the 2 crossings I've done, the spa was a regular part of every afternoon for me.

Ā 

In the separate locker rooms, there are only showers, lockers, sinks, toilets, the basics. All of what you're looking for is coed.

Ā 

Enjoy your crossing.

Any info on the Carnival Triumph Sauna and steam?

Ā 

was on triumph last month. Great men only large steam and and sauna in a pretty big locker room with about 8 showers. lots of towels and Free to all passengers. You go through the locker room to get to the gym. Enjoy!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing like a relaxing afternoon away from the family in the sauna.

Ā 

Lol, yes, who likes to spend time with their family on a cruise? ummm no one...good thing there are steam rooms to solve that issue. :D

Hi, I can describe the NCL Jewel for everyone, and would like to know if anyone can tell me about the NCL Gem, Jade and Pearl's Men's Thermal Spa Areas. The deck plans and pictures are confusing as to what they offer on each of the ships.

Ā 

First in the Free Gym Locker room there is only a small steam room. It looked to fit about 4 to 6 people. It has a small bench, one shower and one toilet stall.

Ā 

The Pay Thermal Spa is Highly worth the $149 we paid, we used it instead of spending money on a shore excursion. You can either pay for the entire cruise 7-day for $149, or pay for a day pass $40 (each choice is per person.) But it is limited to the first 100 people. On our cruise it didn't sell out, but I would recommend buying it immediately upon embarkation.

Ā 

There is a co-ed area with 5 heated ceramic lounge chairs, one 8-person Thalassotherapy pool, and coffee, teas, iced tea and ice water. All this overlooking the bow of the ship.

Ā 

In the male, clothing optional area, there are about 40 lockers and a large cedar bench, three showers, two sinks, a hair dryer and two toilets. They provide lots of towels and robes for use if you choose. There is a large steam room with seating for 8-12, a cold plunge pool for one, then a really large sauna with seating for about 15, with port side ocean views. In the sauna there is only one small light, so after sundown there is privacy in the sauna for conversations while overlooking the ocean. You can see anyone coming in before they get to the door. :)

Ā 

Centered in the area of the steam and sauna is a station with a water fountain, bench and two 270-degree open showers for rinsing off between use. There are also two Tropical and/or Ice shower (you walk in, in a spiral, to get in there so there are no shower curtains. You could fit two people in each discretely. At the front of the room are 5 chairs with stools for relaxing, ice water and a 8 person hot tub with views off the bow and the port side of the ship. One note, the windows are coated, but at dusk there is one window looking towards the back of the ship that people from the balcony below can see into, if they know to look up. They must have thought that I had the president's suite when they saw me in the window, before we found this out.

Ā 

The view from the front of the male area was enough to keep us enjoying the male suite much of the day, especially when arriving into port or departing. You can see the dolphins and porpoises swim the ship into port, while relaxing in your towel. After dinner it was nice to relax and have conversations with others before retiring for the night.

Any info on the Carnival Triumph Sauna and steam?

Ā 

In the locker room of the gym on the Carnival Triumph and Victory is a free sauna and steam room, They have ocean views. There are also 6 showers that have swinging glass doors, on rough days the doors just swing open and closed if you're shy you may get a surprise or find a new friend. There is a resting bench and the usual toilets, sinks etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for the steam room, dry sauna, thalassotherapy pool and showers on Riviera? I really enjoy and need a workout and steam/shower before the gluttony at dinnertime:p Thanks

Ā 

There is no charge to use the Steam and Sauna on Oceania Riviera but the thalassotherapy pool is only for suite guests, you need a key card to use this.

Showers and lockers are in the changing rooms and so is the steam and sauna.

There is no charge to use the Steam and Sauna on Oceania Riviera but the thalassotherapy pool is only for suite guests, you need a key card to use this.

Showers and lockers are in the changing rooms and so is the steam and sauna.

Ā 

Thanks Leesre! I'm a lowly inside guest so no fancy service for us! :D Although many of the other cruises charge for steam and sauna so I'm happy that we are able to get them included on Riviera. Of course unless we get upgrade from an Inside to a Suite (yeah better luck winning Powerball right? :p)

I've always wondered if different cruise lines have busier or less busy sauna / steam room. For example, Disney doesn't get used much vs. princess etc...

Ā 

Anyone been on multiple lines to compare?

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I was on Navigator of the Seas & used the sauna/steam facility at least twice a day. The sauna was a bit cool for me & even putting water on the coals didn't really bring the temperature up, the steam room however was perfect - sizzling you could say!

There are no benches for resting & cooling off on which is a pain as I had to either stand between sessions or use the benches adjacent to the lockers, which isn't ideal when other guys are trying to change. The facility was clean & there was always a plentiful supply of towels to hand. This area is single sex & free to use - this influences my choice of ship when booking & if it should vanish completely as seems to be the pattern with new build ships I think my cruising days will be over. :(

Ā 

Something I have noticed on my last few voyages is that younger guys tend not to use this facility, it's mostly 45 and above I would say, has anyone any ideas on why this is?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm going a few cruises over the next few months . Doing Brilliance . Azure and freedom ..w what are the like ? Also are they free and non co sauna / steamrooms like are they non coe ed please ? šŸ˜€

Edited by tonygcharles