Jump to content

Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?


Recommended Posts

On 5/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, natefish95 said:

I'm a bit late but I was on the Jade in February 2019 and it had a large whirlpool in the thermal suite. You can also see it on the deckplans. I'll be on the Jade again in April 2021 and hope it's not removed by then. If the cruise lines are cutting costs, I can't see that maintenance being a priority. 

 

I got hooked on the thermal suite on the Jade and now get it every time I cruise. 

Which itinerary on the Jade in April? That transatlantic one caught my eye. --Mark

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mjs99mjs said:

Which itinerary on the Jade in April? That transatlantic one caught my eye. --Mark

I'll be doing the repositioning cruise from Tampa to NYC. The transatlantic does look awesome though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, natefish95 said:

I'm a bit late but I was on the Jade in February 2019 and it had a large whirlpool in the thermal suite. You can also see it on the deckplans. I'll be on the Jade again in April 2021 and hope it's not removed by then. If the cruise lines are cutting costs, I can't see that maintenance being a priority. 

 

I got hooked on the thermal suite on the Jade and now get it every time I cruise. 

Very interesting...always love a nice plunge in the hottub, especially if I don't have to wear a bathing suit.  😉

 

On the Jade class ships, are the thermal suites gender-specific or co-ed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cruise Stud said:

Very interesting...always love a nice plunge in the hottub, especially if I don't have to wear a bathing suit.  😉

 

On the Jade class ships, are the thermal suites gender-specific or co-ed?

On the Jewel and Jade there is a central co-ed area with heated loungers and a thalassotherapy pool. In the men's thermal area there is a jacuzzi, cold plunge tub, steam room, sauna, rainfall showers, and comfortable chairs to relax and read a book in (plus the obvious normal showers, lockers, bathroom, etc.)

 

On the Pearl and the Gem there is a larger central co-ed area with a thalassotherapy pool, jacuzzi, and rainfall showers. On the mens side there is a steam room, sauna, comfortable chairs, single person jacuzzi and a cold plunge (plus the normal bathroom, showers, lockers, etc.)

 

There are some really good tours on YouTube. I've done the thermal suite on the Gem, Pearl, and Jade and really enjoyed it each time, but the Jade is definitely my favorite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, johnld47 said:

Does anyone know if the Celebrity Edge has a free sauna in the men's changing room adjacent to the gym area and if there are showers in this changing room?

I was just on the edge in January. No they do not have any free steam or sauna in the men's locker room. It is pretty sad and boring. Even the paid area doesn't have much to offer, AND it's all coed. 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, johnld47 said:

Thanks for the update and it is sad to not have the sauna.  Are there showers in the changing room to use since the ones in the room are more confining?

Actually the showers in the Edge room are pretty generous, relatively speaking.

 

I believe in the locker room, there may be one small shower.  The whole spa/gym setup is pretty disappointing, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Am possibly looking at a cruise on the Azamara Pursuit, does anyone know if there is a men only steam/sauna?

I have been on the Quest and there is a steam/sauna there.

I have been on many cruise ships but only book a ship which has separate men only sauna/steam. Had made many good uses of them and its just nice to chill, relax, put the world together with other guys without any women nagging us etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pursuit is exactly the same as Quest and Journey so has a steam room in the Men’s locker room.

It used to be P and O’s Adonia.

Whether or not it will be able to be used is another question. Booked on Quest next August and hoping things will be back to normal by then. 
Hope it’s open for you on Pursuit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The original Azamara ships ("R-Class") had a great complimentary men's steam (no sauna).  With so many refits, I can't tell you what the PURSUIT will offer now, in terms of Men's Sauna/Steam, but I think it is very optimistic that you would consider this a deal-breaker anytime before mid-2022.  Would love to hear about your experience and that it is a good -- and safe -- one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been hoping that travellers on the European cruise ships that have begun operation will comment about which small spaces (such as sauna/steam rooms) are open and which are not. 

Edited by ouse456
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, mjs99mjs said:

Damn, my May 3rd cruise on the Emerald Princess is of course canceled . Have to wait till September 27th to check out that spa. 

I’ve been on the Crown and had my cruise canceled for the princess Caribbean and crown in 20and 21. Love the steamroom. Was looking the Emerald for 2022 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Hi there.

I will be more than happy to help out.

 

Send me a private message and we can chat in detail. 

Sounds like you know the Ins and outs of cruise ship steamroom and saunas . I love everything about them. Princess has been my go to for free steamroom but I’m open to travel on other lines as well when this thing opens up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, billys5764 said:

 

I hope not.  That's one of the reasons I cruise.  I enjoy my time in there.

Have only used Princess Crown for steamroom , booked Crown and Caribbean both canceled. Have you ever seen a list of which ships have free steamroom? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 7:33 AM, Repositioner said:

"Extended family just booked a sailing on the Crown Princess and have convinced me to join them. Anyone have insight into the current spa situation on that ship? Thanks."

 

A good choice!  The Crown has the same popular, free male steam, sauna, showers and changing area as the Star, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and Caribbean.  It is located in the spa and fitness area near the adult pool.

 

 

Went on the crown in 2019. Large steamroom and a smaller sauna . Nude was the normal with one guy came in trunks and shoes CCL and socks was odd but ok . Showers are bigger than room and of course the conversations were always great 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Hi there.

I will be more than happy to help out.

 

Send me a private message and we can chat in detail. 

Can I get some info too my kik is rag1126 if anyone else has info to share please contact me as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

The male only sauna/steam rooms on cruise ships make up a big part of my late afternoon/early evening cruise routine & I only book ships with this (hopefully free) facility. I'm just wondering if anyone has any info as to whether  these facilities will remain open at all once cruising returns or be consigned to history? If it's the latter my cruising days may well be over as I love a few hours of 'me time' in the company of other likeminded guys.  

 

Keep safe & virus free guys.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems likely that in the early days of a return to cruising, while mask and social distancing rules are still in place (if that is the case), then saunas and steam rooms will not be open. With time, as the restrictions are otherwise relaxed, I see no reason why eventually these facilities wouldn't be made available again, but there's no telling when that would be. 

 

Of course, the other issue is that some cruise lines are not putting in such free facilities on new builds, and have been systematically removing them from existing ships as they are "upgraded." Royal Caribbean refers to it as "amping"--I call it "cramping," since they are taking out public amenities to put in more cabins. I don't care for the mixed-sex thermal suites that have replaced the free, separate facilities and have tended to avoid those ships, but it will eventually become impossible. I'm hoping that some other cruise line(s) will always still have decent, no-charge amenities like these, if it becomes necessary to abandon Royal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 3:00 AM, billybeachboy said:

The male only sauna/steam rooms on cruise ships make up a big part of my late afternoon/early evening cruise routine & I only book ships with this (hopefully free) facility. I'm just wondering if anyone has any info as to whether  these facilities will remain open at all once cruising returns or be consigned to history? If it's the latter my cruising days may well be over as I love a few hours of 'me time' in the company of other likeminded guys.  

 

Keep safe & virus free guys.  🙂

I’ve been wondering that myself and haven’t found an answer yet. I really like princess steamroom and sauna and the showers are larger in the men’s room. Late afternoons are great . Booked on Princess 20 Nov 21 and 28 Nov 21 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

It seems likely that in the early days of a return to cruising, while mask and social distancing rules are still in place (if that is the case), then saunas and steam rooms will not be open. With time, as the restrictions are otherwise relaxed, I see no reason why eventually these facilities wouldn't be made available again, but there's no telling when that would be. 

 

Of course, the other issue is that some cruise lines are not putting in such free facilities on new builds, and have been systematically removing them from existing ships as they are "upgraded." Royal Caribbean refers to it as "amping"--I call it "cramping," since they are taking out public amenities to put in more cabins. I don't care for the mixed-sex thermal suites that have replaced the free, separate facilities and have tended to avoid those ships, but it will eventually become impossible. I'm hoping that some other cruise line(s) will always still have decent, no-charge amenities like these, if it becomes necessary to abandon Royal.

Princess Cruise lines , Caribbean, Crown, Ruby,Emerald,Sapphire, and another they all do  and very nice . Large steamroom with a smaller sauna but still can get the job done. 
Not sure if they will be open on the Caribbean in November but can hope . 
enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just going through the posts on this thread - if you haven’t done a transatlantic I highly recommend it. I prefer westbound over eastbound  - long lazy days - especially those days where you gain an hour and 24 hours magically turns into 25 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...