Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Hi Guys, Has anyone heard if these "male only facilities" are open on cruises ships currently sailing?

I'm looking at the Disney Magic which is due to start sailing in June and wondered how other ships had decided to operate?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, st34 said:

Hi Guys, Has anyone heard if these "male only facilities" are open on cruises ships currently sailing?

I'm looking at the Disney Magic which is due to start sailing in June and wondered how other ships had decided to operate?

Thanks 

I am curious as well what will be open, I need a good steam/sauna daily after a lift. Also taking my boy on his first cruise.

Mark

I was hoping if there is a vaccination requirement for all passengers and crew things would be more relaxed in the wet areas.

I will be planning several cruises now that I am vaccinated. Being a guy that has been lifting/working out  all my life, I really need a good sauna/steam daily and enjoy it also pre dinner. I love the camaraderie of single sex facilities, and I have met some great men, had some great discussions. Taking my son on his first cruise.

Anyone feeling like chatting about the best facilities that they have experience, feel free to contact me.

Mark
newsenmark@gmail.com

09.31.15A.jpg

Hope you are right that the saunas will be open.

Love the men onlyspa area rea on NCL Jewel Class ships, also the saunas on Holand America ships that have windows . 

2 hours ago, st34 said:

Men only sauna also with a window sounds good and also risky 😉

I think only if you are docked maybe?

Mark 

PS happy to chat         

newsenmark@gmail.com

I love the idea of a sauna with a window - I assume it has one way glass fitted?

One the mask requirement is lifted and I know for certain that wet areas are open again I'll be booking my next cruise, let's hope it's not too far away as I have a big birthday next year & want to celebrate it afloat if I can.

5 hours ago, billybeachboy said:

I love the idea of a sauna with a window - I assume it has one way glass fitted?

One the mask requirement is lifted and I know for certain that wet areas are open again I'll be booking my next cruise, let's hope it's not too far away as I have a big birthday next year & want to celebrate it afloat if I can.

If they were referring to a window to the outside, some of Royal's ships have large saunas with two round windows that look outside, but they are fitted with slats so you can see out a little, but no one walking by on the deck outside can see in. It is enjoyable to be relaxing in the sauna and looking at the waves.

uHope you are right that the saunas will be open.

Love the men onlyspa area rea on NCL Jewel Class ships, also the saunas on Holand America ships that have windows . 

Cunard Victoria and Elizabeth and Holland Americas Statendam have a wall of glass in the sauna  onto the ocean. 

18 hours ago, alexdw said:

Cunard Victoria and Elizabeth and Holland Americas Statendam have a wall of glass in the sauna  onto the ocean. 

Are these Co-Ed or single sex

?

Edited by billybeachboy
Additional wording added

31 minutes ago, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

32 minutes ago, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

Queen Mary is Co ed, Victoria and Elizabeth have a free single sex sauna in the mens changing room with large window looking onto the ocean, The steam is in the coed pay for spa area.

On Holland America, the newest ships are the Pinnacle-class. The Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam both have the great floor-to-ceiling, ocean facing windows. The third ship, the Rotterdam should be the same design - but the first sailing isn't until August, 2021. Keep in mind that this single sex free sauna is open to all, but is never promoted. In fact the large door to the sauna is always closed during spa tours the first day, as they are promoting the paid spa features. It is down the hall and around the corner from the lockers. Worth the search! 

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

On Holland America, the newest ships are the Pinnacle-class. The Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam both have the great floor-to-ceiling, ocean facing windows. The third ship, the Rotterdam should be the same design - but the first sailing isn't until August, 2021. Keep in mind that this single sex free sauna is open to all, but is never promoted. In fact the large door to the sauna is always closed during spa tours the first day, as they are promoting the paid spa features. It is down the hall and around the corner from the lockers. Worth the search! 

I heard about the sauna on the konkoningsdam  via a post on this site. The door was closed the day of embarkation but open when we set sail.

7 minutes ago, alexdw said:

I heard about the sauna on the konkoningsdam  via a post on this site. The door was closed the day of embarkation but open when we set sail.

Good to know...Sail away - then the sauna - what a perfect way to start a cruise!

6 hours ago, billybeachboy said:

I've often been in the sauna as the ship sails away 🙂

Could not agree more! Best way to relax and get into Cruise Mood 🙂

Mark

newsenmark@gmail.com

On 6/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Hi there.

I will be more than happy to help out.

Send me a private message and we can chat in detail. 

Please add me to you chat list, Mark

newsenmark@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 6:41 AM, Cruise Stud said:
On 6/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Wilkinson1 said:

Hi don’t really want to put that out on here for privacy !

Understood.  I have tons of insight for you.

Thanks.  Could you also message gmail mikeharp2021 ?

On 6/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Yes it says the same for me. That is strange.   

Do you have an email address, kik, or WhatsApp to reach you at?

Cruise stud. Could you contact me also.    Mikeharp2021  Gmail