Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

33 minutes ago, Cenotediver said:

Had looked at Cunard for transport to England from the US and hang out in England and Europe then catch a cruise home. But both would need to have a sauna area cause I like the banter as well  

34 minutes ago, Cenotediver said:

Had looked at Cunard for transport to England from the US and hang out in England and Europe then catch a cruise home. But both would need to have a sauna area cause I like the banter as well  

Victoria and Wlizabethhave great free mens sauna with large window. Great conversations from my experience. Queen Mary does not have single sex sauna or steam.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Wilkinson1 said:

Hi retiring later this year ( bad timing?!) and was looking  forward to a first cruise and making the most of the men’s spas steam and saunas ..I hope they will still be functional when the industry is back up and running? Any recommendations for a first time solo cruise?

Congratulations on the retirement, Princess cruise line has really nice sauna and steam in the men’s locker rooms . Nice larger showers . 
Always had fun in steamroom had 4 cruises canceled but I’m really hoping that our B2B overvv be Thanksgiving this year sails on the Princess Caribbean 

• Like 1

I saw a pic posted earlier (can’t find it now), but the saunas on the new Virgin ships look massive - with windows. Not sure if they are co-Ed or unisex.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, RD64 said:

I saw a pic posted earlier (can’t find it now), but the saunas on the new Virgin ships look massive - with windows. Not sure if they are co-Ed or unisex.

My issue with the Virgin ships is the incredibly tiny swimming pools, I don't even know what you would call them. 

2 hours ago, LiftingDad said:

My issue with the Virgin ships is the incredibly tiny swimming pools, I don't even know what you would call them. 

Children's wading pool.....

Maybe they could steal the design from the new NCL Prima and install an infinity pool on the back upper deck instead of that rope trampoline daybed thingy. Much more useful!

On 5/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, RD64 said:

Back to reality. I chated with Virgin. The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. Darn!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

Back to reality. I chated with Virgin. The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. Darn!

Sucks, I do not know why this is becoming a trend? 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2021 at 1:46 PM, twodjs said:

Just seems like a more appropriate use of the space.

norwegianprima-thehavensundeck-rendering.jpg

Now this is a trend I support, swimming in the sun, looking at the wake, ahhhh. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, LiftingDad said:

Sucks, I do not know why this is becoming a trend? 

It's all about the revenue. The large fitness center with separate locker rooms and complimentary steam/sauna facilities makes the cruise line no additional money. The fancy spas that can charge a fee do. And in Royal's case, where they have "amplified" a ship, they have replaced former amenity space with more cabins ... for additional revenue. All they are amplifying is the number of passengers and their own on-board take.

Edited by CntPAcruiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.  It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

Also, I see 2 "steam" areas designated outside of the spa facility, but no reference to gender.    I also don't see any layouts for the locker room areas.  Anyone have intel on either of these as well?

26 minutes ago, pke-atlanta said:

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

Also, I see 2 "steam" areas designated outside of the spa facility, but no reference to gender.    I also don't see any layouts for the locker room areas.  Anyone have intel on either of these as well?

26 minutes ago, pke-atlanta said:

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.  It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

You can get a pass for the cruise , the men only area has a great sauna and steam, i think the 6 man jacuzzi may have been removed and replaced with single ones. There is also a free steam roo  in mens locker room  off the gym.

• Like 1

The current report (June 2021) from Adventure of the Seas is that the steam and saunas facilities are closed for social distancing purposes, and the fitness center likewise has social distancing signage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

The current report (June 2021) from Adventure of the Seas is that the steam and saunas facilities are closed for social distancing purposes, and the fitness center likewise has social distancing signage.

I hope that is short lived.  If everyone is vaccinated why do the sauna and steam rooms need to be closed. 

I have never been on NCL. Can anyone tell me about the different ship classes and which ones have the best men's sauna/stream and gyms? Also if there is an additional fee for use. 

18 hours ago, willcan said:

I have never been on NCL. Can anyone tell me about the different ship classes and which ones have the best men's sauna/stream and gyms? Also if there is an additional fee for use. 

I can only speak for the Jewel Class ships(Jewel, pearl,Jade, Gem)

They all have free steam in mens locker room off the Gym. The fee paying spa is great as it has a men only section with huge windows and consists of sauna steam and hot tub.

Well worth the fee they charge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alexdw said:

I can only speak for the Jewel Class ships(Jewel, pearl,Jade, Gem)

They all have free steam in mens locker room off the Gym. The fee paying spa is great as it has a men only section with huge windows and consists of sauna steam and hot tub.

Well worth the fee they charge.

Thank you that is very helpful

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, billybeachboy said:

Has anyone been on any of the UK 'staycation' cruises, & if so was the sauna/steam facility open?

Disney Magic sauna and gym changing rooms closed. The gym is open and you have to book slots but you must arrive ready to work out and wear a mask while working out!

6 hours ago, st34 said:

6 hours ago, st34 said:

Disney Magic sauna and gym changing rooms closed. The gym is open and you have to book slots but you must arrive ready to work out and wear a mask while working out!

I am wondering if the rules for closing sauna and steam will be uniformly enforced and whether the rules for closure will vary according to country of the ship's registation, the cruise line, and/or the port being visited.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, willcan said:

Grand class Princess ships have free steamroom and saunas . Both are good size and lots of fun

Would love to hear from anyone in the group that is going on a cruise if they find the saunas and steam are open.

Just booked a Transatlantic crossing FtLauderdale to Rome for next April on HAL Niew Statendam, been on sister ship Koeningsdam which has a great free sauna with large window, you have to know where to look for it( close to the entrance of the spa but not signed) and usually on the first day the door is closed to encourage people to sign up for the coed spa.

Let me know if anyone else is going on this cruise, nice to connect with like minded cruisers.

I was just checking out the April transats - the Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary looks like the best of the four. Mind you the NA free sauna does not have any windows, and is rather small.